SXSW PANEL VOTING – WE NEED YOU
How to be a Changemaker and Risk Taker Nonprofit
Since 1992, ATC has been a leader in Austin’s growth as an important & relevant tech & innovation region. A new CEO, former global tech Sr. Exec and technologist Barbary Brunner is using her 25 years in tech to rebuild a trade industry org as an instrument of ecosystem change that will impact not only tech business trajectories but also diversity, inclusion, and other civic challenges faced by modern cities. This session covers how ATC has newly become a community driver.
- How to transform a Tech Council to be an instrument of the community.
- How A Tech Council drives awareness of inclusion and diversity through sponsorship and mentoring programs.
- How other cities can model organizations after the Austin Tech Council to drive success in becoming a leading Tech city like Austin.
- Barbary Brunner, CEO, The Austin Technology Council
HOW TO VOTE
The PanelPicker Process
Each year, SXSW PanelPicker helps shape the majority of the SXSW Conference programming. Community Voting comprises 30% of the SXSW Conference programming decision, plus input of the SXSW Staff (30%) and Advisory Board (40%) helps ensure that less well-known voices have as much of a chance of being selected to speak at SXSW as individuals with large online followings. Together these percentages help determine the final content lineup.
We have submitted 2 Panel Proposals for SXSW 2018 and need your help for the public vote. Click the below links to vote for ATC & Barbary’s Panels.
What to Vote for – Click the links below
How to Vote – Instructions to submit
If You Have Previously Created a SXSW Account
- Go to http://panelpicker.sxsw.com/ and Sign In. (If you forgot your password, go here to get a new one)
- Go to the links in the lists above!
- Click the VOTE UP icon on left hand side (and feel free to leave a comment). The icon should turn blue…and you’re done!
If You have Never Created A SXSW Account (or you forgot your username/password)
Step 1: Create an Account
- Go to https://auth.sxsw.com/users/
sign_up and fill out the information to create an account (don’t worry, SXSW won’t start sending you junk mail)
- Click “Create My Account”
Step 2: Activate Your Account
- Go to your email and check for an email that says: “Confirmation Instructions”
- Click the link in the email that says “confirm my account” and you will be taken to a webpage where you will re-enter your email and password that you just signed up with
Step 3: Vote
Go to the links in the list above!
Click the VOTE UP icon on left hand side (and feel free to leave a comment). The icon should turn blue…and you’re done!