Jackson Lewis P.C.’s Technology Industry Team brings together attorneys with vast experience representing technology employers, ranging from multinational enterprises to start-ups and emerging companies, with respect to every aspect of labor and employment law, including immigration, pre- and post-IPO compliance and compensation planning, benefits, and privacy, e-communication and data security. Beyond our knowledge of federal, state, and local workplace law, we understand the business issues facing technology companies and work together to reach solutions that fit our clients’ needs.
In addition, we provide the following services to technology employers:
- Defending entry-level to C-suite employees from a range of workplace litigation, including discrimination, harassment, retaliation, and related tort claims as well as class and collective actions across the U.S.
- Developing and providing training for HR compliance and other state and local regulations
- Drafting and enforcing employment policies, including employment contracts, arbitration and non-disclosure agreements, and incentive plans
- Counseling on the impact of state and federal wage and hour laws for employers in the on-demand service workspace
- Advising on workplace data security and privacy issues, including providing insight on new state data privacy laws and handling data breach prevention and immediate response
- Assisting with preventive measures such as data-intensive company-wide audits to ensure consistent implementation of pay and promotion policies
- Implementing integrated disability management systems and advising on corporate wellness programs and accommodation law, such as service animal requests
The Austin office of Jackson Lewis is located in the heart of downtown Austin and stands ready to connect with and support employers in the technology space. We are excited to partner with ATC and its members to provide quality representation and counsel for tech companies.