Launch Pad Job Club, a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit, is Austin’s longest-running job club offering FREE services to its members — anyone seeking employment. The club offers the following:
- Weekly, Friday morning meeting featuring networking, job leads and a speaker sharing information on today’s job search
- FREE 32-page New Member Handbook handed out weekly to an average of 10-15 new members and featuring vital information on unemployment benefits and resources like online tools and vetted job coaches
- Satellite classes every Friday afternoon open and free of charge with the lineup as follows:
Week One – Linkedin & JobScan: Your Best Job Search Tools
Week Two – Resume Tweaking
Week Three – How to Ace Your Interviews!
Week Four – Mock Interviewing
If a Week Five – Tips & Tricks for Filling Out the State Application
- Leap to Success program – opportunity for job seekers to keep their skills sharp and give back to the community by volunteering to work on pro bono, short-term, professional projects for other area nonprofits
- Toastmasters Club – Launch Pad has its own Toastmasters club in which job seekers may hone their speaking skills and smooth out the “um’s” and “ah’s” before sitting across from that hiring manager or panel
Kathy Lansford-Powell, club Founder and President, has a background as a job coach and trainer with Texas Workforce Solutions for 40 years and is now doing same for ACC’s 50-Up program.
We invite all job seekers, companies and recruiters to join us any Friday to network (job seekers) and source top, professional talent (recruiters). The club meets:
Fridays, 10 am – 11:30 am
The Williamson Family Conference Center at The Settlement Home for Children
1607 Colony Creek Drive (off Payton-Gin Rd.)