- Accounting / Finance
- Business Development / Sales
- Data & Analytics
- Developer/Engineer (16)
- HR / Recruiting / Staffing
- Marketing / Advertising / PR
- Operations (5)
- Project Management
- Software Engineering
- Leander / Austin / Remote, Texas (1)
- Leander, Texas (1)
- Austin, Texas (39)
- San Antonio , Texas (1)
- Leander / Austin / remote, Texas (1)
- Dallas, Texas (1)
- REMOTE, Texas (2)
- Texas (2)
- Leander , Texas (1)
- Austin, US Armed Forces Pacific (1)
- Austin , Texas (1)
- Cedar Park, Texas (2)
- Greater Austin Area, Texas (1)
- Austin, San Antonio, Texas (1)
- San Antonio, Texas (1)
VP, Chief Information Officer at Capital Metro
Are you ready to expand your IT career with an innovative organization? Looking to lead a creative team in charge of infrastructure and architecture projects? Well, look no further!
The VP Chief Information Officer reports directly to the Executive Vice President, Chief Financial and Risk Officer. This position directs the development, implementation and management of the organizational information technology strategic plan, policies and processes. This position will direct, plan, organize, prioritize staffing and coordinate the activities and programs for Capital Metro’s information technology systems and services, including the long-term systems and hardware needs and acquisitions to accomplish the authority’s business objectives. The VP, CIO is responsible for the organizational intelligent transportation projects, enterprise-wide IT activities, including infrastructure and architecture, applications development and support, local and wide-area networks, and all telecommunications.
What you bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS or business administration. Relevant experience may substitute on a year for year basis for educational requirements.
- 10 years of IT management and leadership experience.
- Ability to provide vision, strategic planning skills, and leadership in development, implementation, and support for technology.
- Experience in advanced planning and project management with the ability to effectively manage many diverse projects.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent oral, written and visual communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate technical information to a non-technical audience.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with executives, members of Board of Directors, outside contractors, and consultants.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and diverse groups of people and activities simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to hire, develop and retain high quality staff.
- Ability to demonstrate dedication to customer service.
What you should know:
Capital Metro is deeply committed to building a workplace where inclusion is not only valued but prioritized. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating a welcoming and diverse environment. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, pregnancy, age, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws. Capital Metro makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and organization needs at the time.