- Accounting / Finance
- Business Development / Sales
- Data & Analytics
- Developer/Engineer (16)
- HR / Recruiting / Staffing
- Marketing / Advertising / PR
- Operations (5)
- Project Management
- Software Engineering
- Leander / Austin / Remote, Texas (1)
- Leander, Texas (1)
- Austin, Texas (40)
- San Antonio , Texas (1)
- Leander / Austin / remote, Texas (1)
- Dallas, Texas (1)
- REMOTE, Texas (2)
- Texas (3)
- Leander , Texas (1)
- Austin, US Armed Forces Pacific (1)
- Austin , Texas (1)
- Cedar Park, Texas (2)
- Greater Austin Area, Texas (1)
- Austin, San Antonio, Texas (1)
- San Antonio, Texas (1)
Vice Chancellor, Information Technology at Austin Community College
Location: Austin, Texas
General Statement of Job
Responsible for leadership of the College’s Information Technology Division and serves as the college’s Chief Information Officer. The Division of Information Technology is responsible for the College’s IT hardware, networks and applications across the entire district, which consists of 11 campuses in the Austin region. Departments within this division include application development, application management, infrastructure (network, systems, and telecom) engineering and operations, IT security, support services, and the IT project management office.
Description of Duties and Tasks
- Provides leadership and vision for the use of information technology as a critical component for the success of the college.
- Provides leadership and oversight of staff; coaches, directs, mentors, evaluates, and counsels personnel while adhering to organizational human resource policies and procedures as well as related employment laws. Recommends hire and termination personnel actions for positions managed.
- Promotes innovative, efficient, effective and shared uses of information technology solutions across the college.
- Develops and implements a multi-year, Technology Master Plan in collaboration with college stakeholders and in alignment with the College’s Strategic Plan.
- Meets with various College leaders regularly to ensure the College’s technology needs are being met and that the Technology Master Plan is aligned with the College’s Strategic Plan.
- Directs the planning, budgeting, and operations of the Information Technology Division.
- Develops strategic relationships with various constituencies across the state of Texas as well as in the higher education and corporate community.
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in directing the use of Information Technology throughout an organization.
- In-depth knowledge of current and emerging technologies and trends in IT and the ability to evaluate and effectively implement them throughout the college.
- Develop goals and strategies to ensure the IT department operates smoothly and effectively.
- Oversee and direct the IT infrastructure, networks and computer systems operations throughout the college to ensure optimal performance.
- Create and adapt a variety of technological platforms to improve and enhance student experience.
- Strong financial acumen, negotiation, cost management skills and the ability to develop highly-effective business partnerships.
- Excellent knowledge of IT Systems including ERP, CRM, Enterprise Integration, Business Intelligence, ITSM, and Cyber Security.
- A strong strategic and customer focused mindset.
- Presenting information and summary reports internally and to the public.
- Understanding of the community college philosophy and mission.
- Handling the demands and requirements of senior-level management in higher education.
- Effective management and leadership models and techniques, including Servant-Leadership Principles.
- Maintaining an established work schedule which may include some evenings and weekends.
- Providing leadership at all levels of the college.
- Working in a collaborative manner with diverse constituencies.
- Excellent communication, written and verbal, and interpersonal skills.
- Making recommendations that impact the budget.
- Managing the budget within assigned unit/division.
- Planning, prioritizing, and problem-solving.
- Handling multiple projects and meeting deadlines.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work-related information and materials.
- Working effectively with a diverse and multi-cultural student body, faculty, and staff.