- Accounting / Finance
- Business Development / Sales
- Data & Analytics
- Developer/Engineer (16)
- HR / Recruiting / Staffing
- Marketing / Advertising / PR
- Operations (5)
- Project Management
- Software Engineering
- Leander / Austin / Remote, Texas (1)
- Leander, Texas (1)
- Austin, Texas (40)
- San Antonio , Texas (1)
- Leander / Austin / remote, Texas (1)
- Dallas, Texas (1)
- REMOTE, Texas (2)
- Texas (5)
- Leander , Texas (1)
- Austin, US Armed Forces Pacific (1)
- Austin , Texas (1)
- Cedar Park, Texas (2)
- Greater Austin Area, Texas (1)
- Austin, San Antonio, Texas (1)
- San Antonio, Texas (1)
- Sa Antonio, Texas (1)
Technology Coordinator at Rodeo Austin
Technology Coordinator Full time; 40+ hours per week
Rodeo Austin® 9100 Decker Lake Rd., Austin, TX 78724
Commensurate with experience/education
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Long Term Disability Insurance, Retirement, Vacation Time, Personal Leave Time and Flex Work Schedule
About the organization
Rodeo Austin is a non-profit organization dedicated to Promoting Youth Education ‒ Preserving Western Heritage. Held annually in the month of March, Rodeo Austin draws 250,000 fairgoers who attend the rodeo, concerts, livestock shows, commercial exhibits, carnival and other attractions. While delivering superior entertainment and boasting an economic impact that exceeds $77 million annually, Rodeo Austin is an established community tradition founded in 1938. Proceeds from this event fund scholarships for young people from 254 Texas counties. More than 1,000 volunteers complement a fulltime staff of 17 who plan and coordinate Rodeo Austin. The event has become one of the largest nonprofit contributors to education in Central Texas. In 2019, Rodeo Austin awarded $2.3 million to the youth of Texas.
About the position
The Technology Coordinator will be responsible for all facets of technology that impact the organization. An ideal candidate would be well versed in project management, able to communicate effectively with others, be a kind and patient teacher, and able to identify technology solutions that will fulfill the business needs. The Technology Coordinator should have a strong knack for technology and be well versed in a variety of areas but does not need to be a specialist and is not our day-to-day IT person. Rodeo Austin partners with many technology vendors to help achieve our goals, and the Technology Coordinator would be responsible for setting expectations, managing the projects, and evaluating outcomes of each contract, with a little hands-on set up from time to time. This position would also coordinate trainings and conduct check ins to ensure staff are well versed in the systems and able to use them with the most benefit to the organization. As Rodeo Austin grows and the need for new partnerships and vendors arise, the Technology Coordinator will take a lead in researching, evaluating, and selecting new technology. The position will report directly to the department Senior Manager.
Primary duties of the Technology Coordinator include
• Coordinate the managed IT services vendor contract. Technology Pointe is our day to day IT maintenance provider and handles network administration, desktop support, server management, and technology consulting. Serve as the main point of contact with this vendor and communicate strategies and needs to management, while also communicating staff needs to vendor.
• Coordinate the event network vendor contracts. Two companies build, install and maintain the internet network needed for the Fair and Rodeo each March. Determine annual project needs, supervise on site set up and monitoring, evaluate success and make recommendations for improvements.
• Coordinate the maintenance and upkeep of RodeoAustin.com. Work with website vendors on big projects and work with staff to ensure the website is updated and performing as expected.
• Rodeo Austin is currently migrating to a new constituent database: Raisers Edge. Coordinate the set-up and training of all staff on the new database system. After implemented, ensure policies and procedures are being followed and staff are empowered with the new functionality.
• Coordinate the phone system vendor contract and adjust system set up to fit changing business needs.
• Coordinate the printer/copier vendor contract and ensure regular maintenance is performed to ensure top performance.
• Manage company technology assets (computers, printers) and make recommendations on product replacements or additions.
• Alongside other staff members, ensure successful launch of new software program or computer platforms as needed
• Provide support to all off-season events in the area of technology set up and execution
• Assist Senior Manager in website redesign project
• Assist department and ticket vendor with ticketing equipment and event set up as needed
Applicants should possess the following abilities:
• Education: Minimum of a bachelor’s degree
• 3-5 years of full-time experience information technology
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work some evenings and weekends
Individuals interested in a challenging and rewarding career with Rodeo Austin are encouraged to e-mail cover letter, resume, transcript and list of references to: Jennie Glenn, Senior Manager Rodeo Austin 9100 Decker Lake Rd. Austin, TX 78724 512-919-3000 (o) 512-919-3005 (f) Jennie@RodeoAustin.com