- Accounting / Finance
- Business Development / Sales
- Data & Analytics
- Developer/Engineer (16)
- HR / Recruiting / Staffing
- Marketing / Advertising / PR
- Operations (5)
- Project Management
- Software Engineering
Tax Manager at Cherry Bekaert LLP
Proudly providing elite Tax, Assurance, and Advisory services to our clients for over 70 years, Cherry Bekaert is a nationally ranked firm, with 26 offices across nine states, and a growing, major public accounting presence in Austin.
The Austin office provides services to high-net-worth individuals and numerous business clients of various sizes and structures in a wide variety of industries. We are seeking a Tax Manager to join our collaborative and talented group of experienced tax professionals.
What your day looks like:
- Successfully managing all aspects of the client service relationship
- Developing specific knowledge of the client’s business and industry
- Managing the client’s tax compliance needs
- Anticipating tax and business issues and also recognizing tax planning opportunities.
- Training and development of less experienced professional staff.
What you need for this role:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related. Master in Tax or LLM is preferred.
- CPA is required for this role
- Minimum of 5 years of public accounting experience with at least 2 years of managerial experience.
- Strong background and understanding of pass-through entities.
- Experience with complex individual tax compliance and planning a plus.
- Background in estate tax planning and compliance a plus, but not required.
- Candidate must have ability to service middle market clients, but must be flexible to work with clients of varying sizes.
- Candidate’s strongest traits must be in client service, problem solving, technical and staff development with appropriate commitment to business growth and development.
- Preferred industry experience:
- Real Estate/Construction
- Technology/Life Science
- Working with successful closely held businesses and their owners
What you can expect from us:
- Shared values, including uncompromising integrity, a passion for excellence and mutual respect in a collaborative environment
- Extensive training focused on career and leadership development
- Ample opportunity to grow professionally
- Flexible work arrangements with generous PTO
- Competitive compensation and benefits program
- “Dress for your Day” policy
Our mission is to make a difference for our people and our clients. If these values align with yours, we’d like to hear from you.
Bachelors or better in Accounting or related field.
Masters or better in Taxation or related field.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.