- Accounting / Finance
- Business Development / Sales
- Data & Analytics
- Developer/Engineer (16)
- HR / Recruiting / Staffing
- Marketing / Advertising / PR
- Operations (5)
- Project Management
- Software Engineering
Supply Chain Coordinator at HireBetter
The Role: Supply Chain Coordinator
Location: Austin, TX (Remote)
HireBetter has been retained to identify an experienced Supply Chain professional for a fast growing, international manufacturer and direct to consumer client that designs high-quality, lightweight bikes for children.
This role has ownership for planning and coordinating the ordering, timing, and delivery of all product categories of our client, with end-to-end responsibility from creating and supervising purchase orders with headquarters Europe and external vendors until the shipments from production to the logistics warehouses. This role is responsible for executing all items with the necessary accuracy, speed, and flexibility in support of the company’s vision and strategy, while achieving the business performance objectives. This position must partner closely with cross functional teams such as vendors, marketing, customer experience, quality control, suppliers, logistics and warehousing partners.
- Create and maintain purchase orders.
- Work with accounting and operations to reconcile receipts of goods with orders and maintain vendor accounts. Includes verification of invoices and shipping manifests.
- Verification of all invoices and shipping manifests for conformity to tariff and customs regulations.
- Coordinate both suppliers and logistics service providers to ensure the company has the right products on hand at the right times.
- Plan and supervise the shipments from the supplier to our warehouse.
- Central role in managing contractual terms of vendor relationships and ensuring optimal pricing and service.
- Negotiate with carriers, warehouse operators or distribution networks to determine tariffs which
- should always be in the interests of the company.
- Coordinate with logistics service provider’s distribution of products.
- Monitor and report on transportation costs.
- Research and suggest cost-effective shipping methods.
- Ensure shipping documents are properly filed.
- Organize work schedules and issue shipping instructions to ensure delivery times and locations are coordinated.
- Participate in setting inventory and re-ordering targets in association with management.
- Assess lead time and delivery risks and proactively manage.
- Ensures current knowledge of import restrictions by country for all categories.
- Proactive communication with vendors to prevent issues; relationship building and continual follow-up to ensure any emergencies and exceptions are resolved to company satisfaction
- Create the cadence, schedules, calendars, and processes to achieve milestone dates, manage exceptions, and hit promised deadlines.
- Track orders and goods by using functional systems.
- Communicate with all internal teams regarding status of product
- Maintain and update weekly delivery calendar and communicate exceptions to affected teams immediately.
- Prepare reports on the performance and suggest improvements that will enhance the company’s profit margins.
- Actively monitor timelines so deadlines are met, and products are delivered in a timely fashion.
- Execute and participate in weekly WIP reviews and track bulk production progress with the European production team and implement and oversee necessary action for the US office.
- Responsible for correct data in all IT systems.
- Domestic and overseas communication.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain/ Logistics or related field; or equivalent work experience
- At least two years of experience in a supply chain / logistics driven environment
- Experience in working with domestic and global partners required.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of global logistics, importing and warehousing
- Detailed understanding of supply chain cost engineering
- Computer skills – Highly proficient in MS Office; familiar with Odoo ERP, Supply Chain, TMS and WMS software a plus.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing at all levels
- Proven problem-solving abilities
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills
- Demonstrated decision making skills..
- Ability to multitask.
- Displays strong negotiation skills.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally as business requires.
- Flexibility to work well in a global environment with ambiguity and with understanding of cultural differences and time zones.
- Bilingual English and German preferred.
Interested candidates should apply through the HireBetter website at jobs.hirebetter.com. Qualified applicants will be responded to as quickly as possible.
Please note: Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization that does not require sponsorship for a visa now or in the future.