- Accounting / Finance
- Business Development / Sales
- Data & Analytics
- Developer/Engineer (16)
- HR / Recruiting / Staffing
- Marketing / Advertising / PR
- Operations (5)
- Project Management
- Software Engineering
Sr. UI/UX Design Developer at Sistema Technologies
Type: Contract to Direct Hire
Duration: 6-9 Month contract before conversion
Work Site: San Antonio, TX (Must be available to go onsite 2 times per month, preferably 2 times per week)
The Sr. UI/UX Design Developer is responsible for designing, building and delivering the best user experience on enterprise systems and customer facing solutions while maintaining key values and branding strategies. The Sr. UI/UX Design Developer is a key member of the Innovative Systems team that can translate and transform business ideas and customer feedback into great user experiences.
Key Duties / Responsibilities
- Provides solution designs using wireframes and mockups.
- Designs, develops and implements web-based applications.
- Meets with business units, assess customer requirements, evaluate alternatives, develop creative solutions, and document design solutions.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Provide consultations on best practices, areas for improvement, and other areas related to innovative solutions.
- Follow key software development methodologies for proper implementation, testing, and distribution of solutions.
- Must have the ability to properly prioritize and work multiple tasks.
- Follows the change control processes to ensure integrity of the production environment.
- Provides technical assistance to organizational members outside of her/his immediate team members.
- Provides on call support as required. Monitor and resolve production support requirements.
Experience / Skills / Abilities Required
- 4 years Bachelor’s degree with 6+ years work experience.
- Candidates for this position should demonstrate a passion for fast paced innovative projects and delivering high quality products. The candidate will be required to contribute immediately upon entry into the organization and will be evaluated on the ability to do so.
- Demonstrated developing, troubleshooting and debugging skills in client and services in serverless cloud environment
- Demonstrated experience build out applications using responsive design patterns
- Demonstrated experience working cross browser compatibility across mobile / tablet devices, optimizing for IOS and Android based Tablets
- Demonstrated experience working with front end frameworks while addressing performance and lazy loading strategies
- Demonstrated experience working with wordpress to setup, troubleshoot, update, maintain and migrate sites
Desired knowledge or expertise (one or more of the following areas):
- Background in Computer Science, Engineering, or Information Systems with an emphasis on the web user interface design.
- 6+ years’ experience contributing to the creative execution of large scale web user-interface design projects including ecommerce, content portals, mobile and web-based application design
- 6+ years experience developing web pages using advanced Web Technologies:
- REST-ful Web Service Development and Integration, JSON
- CSS framework Bootstrap
- WordPress, PHP
- Figma, Adobe illustrator
- Strong experience with Redux Architecture, React JS components, forms events, animations
- Demonstrated experience with website designs and user experience approaches through a portfolio
- Working knowledge of object oriented programming techniques for design, construction, testing and implementation of project requirements.
- Ability to solve complex design problems and achieve the highest quality design while pushing the boundaries of rich media online applications
- Ability to work independently and quickly but with a strong attention to detail and accuracy, properly prioritizing multiple tasks
- Process-oriented with ability to work with different UI materials and rapid prototyping
- Strong communications and organizational skills with an ability to thrive in a fast-paced production deadline-driven environment
- Experience with working on sites with responsive design
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiar with various software development methodologies (e.g. SCRUM, Agile, rapid prototyping, etc.) and when to apply the methodologies and their functions within a development environment
- Ability to work independently in the development and implementation of major systems
- Leverage experience, industry knowledge/best practices, and own personal judgment to accomplish goals
- Creativity and the ability to “think outside the box” are required.
- Collaborative and enjoys taking on new challenges.