- Accounting / Finance
- Business Development / Sales
- Data & Analytics
- Developer/Engineer (16)
- HR / Recruiting / Staffing
- Marketing / Advertising / PR
- Operations (5)
- Project Management
- Software Engineering
Sr. UC Engineer at Epicor
Job Title: Senior Unified Communications Engineer, Microsoft Skype (Contract)
Requisition Number: 17001874
Location(s): US, Texas, Austin
Epicor is one of the world’s leading software companies, with more than 20,000 customers in over 150 countries using our products to effectively and efficiently automate and streamline their essential business functions. With industry specific solutions for the manufacturing, distribution, retail and service industries, Epicor products allow our customers to focus on core, revenue generating activities. Epicor is privately owned by KKR & Co. and produces approximately $900M in annual revenue with around 4,000 employees.
Role Summary / Purpose:
The Sr. Unified Communications Engineer provides technical expertise, design, implementation and support of Microsoft Skype for Business in Epicor’s global operation.
A successful candidate will demonstrate expertise in design, implementation and support of Unified Communications technology, excellent data and voice networking knowledge and exhibit strong project management and communication skills. This position will report to the Director of Global Network services.
- Implementation and support of unified communications and messaging technologies needed for Skype for Business.
- Perform preventive maintenance and upgrades to ensure the Skype for Business services are reliable and running optimally
- Proactive monitoring Investigate, troubleshoot and resolve complicated technical issues as related to Skype for Business environment.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or related field
- 5 years of technical experience in configuration and troubleshooting in UC/ UCoIP /VoIP
- In depth design and implementation experience in Lync 2013 or Skype for Business 2015
- Significant experience working with the following technologies, as related to Lync telephony implementations
- Networking routing protocols, network gateways, firewalls, Session Border Controllers (SBCs)
- VPNs, MPLS, SIP Trunking, PRI Spans, Voice over IP (VoIP), QoS
- Active Directory, DNS, DHCP
- Experience with the deployment and support technologies including network switches, routers, firewalls, server virtualization, storage preferred
- Experience with the deployment and support technologies which include Telephony include Cisco VoIP, Voice Gateways, Session Border Controllers (Audio Codes), SIP protocol troubleshooting
- Experience with implementation and support of Office 365
- Experience with Monitoring Tools such as: Nectar, Microsoft CQD, AudioCodes EMS
- Experience with Microsoft PowerShell and PowerShell Scripting
- Knowledge of Packet Capture – Wireshark or Network Monitor
- Knowledge of Windows Desktop Troubleshooting
- Effective verbal and written communication skills; the ability to communicate effectively in all business relationships and various levels of management in a clear and direct manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills and teamwork traits; adeptness in working in close cooperation with teammates; ability to build solid working relationships across functional boundaries; the capacity to work through difficult issues in an effective, pragmatic fashion and to negotiate with tact and persuasiveness; ability to foster strong vendor and partner relationships