- Accounting / Finance
- Business Development / Sales
- Data & Analytics
- Developer/Engineer (16)
- HR / Recruiting / Staffing
- Marketing / Advertising / PR
- Operations (5)
- Project Management
- Software Engineering
Solutions Architect – Electronics Manufacturing at MacroFab, Inc.
MacroFab is the first digital marketplace and intelligent manufacturing platform focused on the $500B market in contract electronics manufacturing. Our technology and services allow customers to rapidly bring new products to market and consume manufacturing as a virtualized resource by offering instant price quotes, rapid prototyping services, and production at scale through a network of factories in North America. Our partners gain a source of low overhead manufacturing jobs, allowing them to fully subscribe their factory capacity and eliminate idle time.
As a Solutions Architect, you will assist our Sales and Production Support teams to identify and resolve potential manufacturing issues for medium to high volume electronics manufacturing orders.
You will work with internal, external, and customer teams to develop high quality process documentation and improvements to manufacturing processes for printed circuit assembly, box-build/system integration, and test/validation.
In this role, you will attend customer meetings and present findings to customers, while working with customers’ engineers to generate reliable manufacturing plans for complex products. This position requires excellent written and verbal communication skills. Up to 20% travel will be required.
This is a fast-paced position that requires self-management and the ability to rapidly adapt to changing customer and business needs. Multiple teams across the organization and within MacroFab’s network will rely on you to achieve their goals.
- Perform DFx activities and/or manage DFx activities with independent contractors
- Develop scalable testing and validation process for products at specified volumes
- Identify and resolve potential manufacturing issues with customers
- Plan and report timelines for manufacturing
- Optimize and reduce costs of manufacturing processes
- Visit manufacturing lines in US and Mexico to resolve manufacturing issues onsite
- Develop process training materials
- Work with product teams to enhance automated analysis and machine learning systems to reduce time to market for new products
- Work with 3rd party engineering and test vendors
The Ideal Candidate
- 5+ years experience as a manufacturing process engineer or solutions architect for PCB assembly and/or systems integration
- Experience in analyzing and reviewing electronic circuit design for the purposes of manufacturability
- Experience developing manufacturing documentation
- Experience developing circuit testing processes and procedures
- Experience working with customers and internal teams
- Current passport with ability to travel internationally
- Fluent in both Spanish and English
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong project management experience
- Past or present certification in J-STD-001, IPC-A-610/20/30, or similar
- Small teams, big impact. Take complete ownership of your role and generate real results.
- Company equity
- Competitive salary
- Flexible PTO and paid family leave
- Excellent medical insurance
- Collaborative and open company culture