- Accounting / Finance
- Business Development / Sales
- Data & Analytics
- Developer/Engineer (16)
- HR / Recruiting / Staffing
- Marketing / Advertising / PR
- Operations (5)
- Project Management
- Software Engineering
Software Engineering Manager at AgileAssets
We help save time, money, and lives.
You can, too.
At AgileAssets, we make software that helps keep roads and bridges safe, while saving tax dollars in the US and around the globe. We are part of VIsion Zero to save lives through safer infrastructure.
By joining our team, you’ll work at the intersection of technology and transportation—two of the most critical industries for global connectedness and quality of life. You’ll get to collaborate, lead, and innovate—all while helping to strengthen the transportation infrastructure that connects our cities, farmlands, and coastline. You will help do what we do best for transportation agencies worldwide: You will help them save time, money and lives.
Building the Best Version of You
If you’re a smart, driven person with a passion for technology and want to work for a growing company, you’ve come to the right place. We nurture an environment where transparency, speed, quality, and innovation are the focus. At AgileAssets, your talents as well as your personality will shine, while gaining skills within as well as outside your field.
You’ll enjoy the agility and feel of a startup with the stability of an organization that’s been an industry leader for over 25 years. You’ll love our open doors and open minds – when you share your ideas, your voice will be heard. Here, everyone has a seat at the table.
Software Engineering Manager:
We are seeking an experienced and driven Software Engineering Manager to lead our Delivery Engineering teams. Your primary responsibility in this role will be for the design, implementation and client deployment of the AgileAssets transportation asset management products. This requires a vision for high quality software development including continuous integration, agile processes, and software measurement and reporting. You will have experience in translating client requirements, customizations and configurations as it applies to our software portfolio. You will work closely with Architects, Software Developers, Designers, and Product Management to execute on client projects. The ideal candidate has a strong interest in innovating in all aspects of the software delivery lifecycle, has directly relevant experience in delivering SaaS solutions, and is tenacious in translating aspirations into reality. Candidates are expected to have a history of keeping track of, and adopting, the latest development tools and technologies and will bring new ideas to consistently advance our processes. Successful candidates will have deep technical skills, be self-motivated, have impeccable interpersonal skills, and demonstrate the willingness to tackle broad software challenges.
• Manage multiple scrum teams to deliver high-quality Transportation Asset Management SaaS software for our customers
• Experience in managing onsite and offshore teams
• Provide technical leadership to the teams and build a strong culture of accountability and innovation
• Recruit, manage, mentor and grow our team of software engineers and QA
• Ability to work cross-functionally with Product Management, Project Management, Engineering and Customer Success teams
• Raise product quality and on-time delivery using metrics/goals, active mentoring, enhanced agile execution
• Proactive communication of status, risks, and mitigation strategies
• Ability to work with architects and senior engineers to design and develop features/components that enhance reliability, performance, and maintainability of the products
• Be a champion for automation, continuous delivery and deployment
• Ability to dive deep, perform root cause analysis and provide fixes for critical product failures
• Be creative, innovative, and contribute to the evolution of our agile methodologies
How you work:
• A results oriented team player with excellent communications, presentation, and interpersonal skills and a strong desire to mentor and enhance the career development of other developers
• Loves working in a fast paced, dynamic environment and collaborating/communicating closely with diverse stakeholders (e.g. customers, company leadership, product management, client care, etc.)
• Proactive in communication/collaboration across disciplines and teams to make everybody better
• A promoter of agile principles
Education, Experience and Knowledge
5+ years Java development experience with strong technical skills in coding and debugging applications or platforms
3+ years in a software development management role
Experience in consulting, client implementations is highly desirable
Demonstrable track record of building and maintaining enterprise scale SaaS Solutions through the entire development lifecycle
Direct experience developing under Continuous Delivery or Continuous Integration processes
Capable of establishing credibility, motivating others, instilling accountability, and achieving results
Strong ability to marry strategic investment with tactical execution with a willingness to put the needs of the company ahead of the needs of any team or project
Experience championing development processes and/or tools to company leadership is a plus
Bachelors in Computer Science or related technical field required, Masters preferred
We have Austin Spirit, Global Flair
Yes, we enjoy our breakfast tacos and like to name our projects after local BBQ legends. We’re Austin-tacious when it comes to driving innovation and showing our creativity, and also when it comes to our people. We’re diverse and globally savvy. Join us and put your own mark on the future of transportation.
• High Growth Opportunity
• Full Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
• 401(k) Matching
• Company Paid Life and AD&D Insurance
• Company Paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
• Paid Time Off
• Casual Dress Code
• Monthly Birthday Festivities
• Free Healthy Snack Choices
• Breakfast Taco Thursdays
• Open Channels of Communication
• Commuter Bike to work Benefit