- Accounting / Finance
- Business Development / Sales
- Data & Analytics
- Developer/Engineer (16)
- HR / Recruiting / Staffing
- Marketing / Advertising / PR
- Operations (5)
- Project Management
- Software Engineering
Software Engineer, Full Stack Austin, Texas at eBay
Looking for a company that encourages passion, courage and creativity, where you can be part of the team crafting the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to crafting an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay a company you can be proud to be a part of.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
Do you want to make an impact on the world’s largest e-commerce website? Are you interested in building performance efficient, high-volume and highly scalable distributed systems? We have a place for you!
We are looking for a senior Full Stack Software engineer to work in Trust product development team that builds applications for eBay marketplaces After Sales areas Cancel, Return, eBay Money Back guarantee, Feedback and Seller Standards. As an ambitious and hardworking member of our team, you will work with very dedicated peers in a fun environment building world class products. You will work in an agile environment with a focus on problem solving and engineering excellence.
- Define, design, and implement complex, multi-tier distributed software systems throughout all phases of the software development life cycle
- Work on new and existing product initiatives and be a driver in the definition of product direction.
- Partner effectively with product management, QE, partner teams.
- Develop technical & domain expertise and apply to solving product challenges.
- Work with other engineers, Architecture, Product Management, QA, and Operations teams to develop innovative solutions that meet business needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, realistic implementation schedules and adherence to development principles and product goals
- Experience in software design and development, solid foundation in computer science with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design.
- Experience in object-oriented design methodology and large scale application development in Java (or any other object oriented language)
- Excellent understanding of web technologies, distributed systems and service oriented architecture along with web services and related standards like REST/JSON
- Relational database and SQL development experience
- Experience on HTML 5, CSS 3.0, NodeJS is a plus.
- Experience with big data solutions such as Hadoop, Hive, Kafka, Storm etc. is a plus.
- Self-motivated and fast learner. Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills
- BSCS or BSEE or other equivalent technical degree
Here at eBay, we love crafting opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.