- Accounting / Finance
- Business Development / Sales
- Data & Analytics
- Developer/Engineer (16)
- HR / Recruiting / Staffing
- Marketing / Advertising / PR
- Operations (5)
- Project Management
- Software Engineering
Software Engineer, Back End at eBay
Looking for a company that encourages passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team crafting the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to building an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay a company you can be proud to be a part of.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
Do you want to make an impact on the world’s largest e-commerce website? Are you interested in building performance efficient, high-volume and highly scalable distributed systems? We have a place for you!
We are looking for a back-end software engineer to work in Trust product development team that builds applications for eBay marketplaces After Sales areas Cancel, Return, eBay Money Back guarantee, Payment Disputes, Feedback and Seller Standards. As a self-motivated and enthusiastic member of our team, you will work with very hardworking peers in a fun environment building premier risk products. You will work in an agile environment with a focus on problem solving and engineering perfection.
As part of the eBay initiative to ‘Intermediate Payments’, you will be working closely with Payments teams and revamping significant part of eBay Money Back Guarantee and Cancel product experience.
- Define, design, and implement complex, multi-tier distributed software systems throughout all phases of the software development process
- Work on new and existing product initiatives and be a driver in the definition of product direction.
- Partner optimally with product management, QE, partner teams.
- Develop technical & domain expertise and apply to solving product challenges.
- Work with other engineers, Architecture, Product Management, QA, and Operations teams to develop innovative solutions that meet business needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, realistic implementation schedules and alignment to development principles and product goals
- 3+ years of software design and development experience, validated foundation in computer science with strong proficiencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design
- Experience in object-oriented design methodology and large scale application development in Java (or any other object oriented language)
- Excellent understanding of web technologies, distributed systems and service oriented architecture along with web services and related standards like REST/JSON
- Relational database and SQL development experience
- Experience on HTML 5, CSS 3.0, NodeJS is a plus.
- Experience with big data solutions such as Hadoop, Hive, Kafka, Storm etc. is a plus.
- Ambitious and fast learner. Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills
- BSCS or BSEE or other equivalent technical degree
Here at eBay, we love crafting opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.