- Accounting / Finance
- Business Development / Sales
- Data & Analytics
- Developer/Engineer (16)
- HR / Recruiting / Staffing
- Marketing / Advertising / PR
- Operations (5)
- Project Management
- Software Engineering
Software Engineer, Back End at eBay
We are looking for a back-end software engineer to work on our Risk product development team, which is responsible for handling seller and buyer risk in eBay market place. As a proactive and hardworking member of our team, you will be in the company of very experienced peers in a fun environment building outstanding risk products. You will work in an agile environment with a focus on problem solving and engineering excellence.
- Build solutions using your strong background in distributed systems, and large scale database systems.
- Research, analyze, design, develop and test the solutions that are appropriate for the business and technology strategies.
- Participate in design discussions, code reviews and project related team meetings.
- Work with other engineering specialists, Architecture, Product Management, QA, and Operations teams to develop innovative solutions that meet business needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, realistic implementation schedules and alignment to development principles and product goals.
- Develop technical & domain expertise and apply to solving product challenges.
- 3 or more years of software design and development experience, proven foundation in computer science with strong proficiencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design.
- Excellent knowledge in practicing OOAD, architectural and design patterns, open source platforms, frameworks, technologies and software engineering methodologies.
- 3 or more years of hands-on experience in Java/J2EE, XML, Web technologies, Web Services, Design Patterns, and OOA/D.
- 3 or more years of experience developing data-driven applications using an industry standard RDBMS. NoSQL experience is a plus.
- Experience with big data solutions such as Hadoop, MapReduce, Hive, Pig, Kafka, Storm etc. is of added value.
- Experience in using source control systems such as Git or Clearcase, issue tracking systems like JIRA.
- Strong expertise in agile development.
- Risk domain expertise is a major plus.
- Shown ability to understand the business and ability to give to technology direction that contributes to measurable business improvements.
- Ability to adapt to changing business priorities and to thrive under pressure.
- Excellent decision-making, communication and collaboration, skills.
Masters Degree or Equivalent
Here at eBay, we love crafting opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.