- Accounting / Finance
- Business Development / Sales
- Data & Analytics
- Developer/Engineer (16)
- HR / Recruiting / Staffing
- Marketing / Advertising / PR
- Operations (5)
- Project Management
- Software Engineering
- Leander / Austin / Remote, Texas (1)
- Leander, Texas (1)
- Austin, Texas (41)
- Texas (9)
- San Antonio , Texas (1)
- Leander / Austin / remote, Texas (1)
- Dallas, Texas (1)
- REMOTE, Texas (2)
- Leander , Texas (1)
- Austin, US Armed Forces Pacific (1)
- Austin , Texas (1)
- Cedar Park, Texas (2)
- Greater Austin Area, Texas (1)
- Austin, San Antonio, Texas (1)
- San Antonio, Texas (1)
- Sa Antonio, Texas (1)
Senior Software Engineer at Inventive
You’ve taken apart every product in your house, haven’t you?
Yeah, you’re definitely an engineer. While others may Netflix and Chill, you want to know how the screen it’s on actually works in the first place!
What’s great is that Inventive celebrates curiosity and intelligence; being surrounded by natural engineers only makes us better. We are a team that respects and values a diversity of thought and we all aim to create an energizing workplace that brings out the best in all of us.
To respect your time and interest, our interview process is three simple steps:
- 30-minute call with Alyssa Bunn, our Director of Recruiting.
- 30-minute Zoom with James Shaw, our COO (and former VP of Engineering).
- 30-minute Zoom with Jason Fitch, our Director of Engineering.
Challenges and Opportunities
Getting shit done, brilliantly isn’t just a cheeky tagline. We love to roll up our sleeves, constantly iterate, and stay focused on the work that matters. We say what we mean, so get prepared to jump on board and trust your gut when it comes to GSD – let’s rock it out!
Here, you’ll collaborate with a team of engineers, project managers, and designers; and directly with our clients. We build real-world applications for our Inventive Works clients, Inventive Ventures partners, as well as charities and non-profits that Inventive Cares supports.
As a valued member of our team, you’ll be hands-on with each phase of the software development life cycle, including analysis, design, development, testing, deployment, and documentation. You’ll follow guidelines and IP procedures, and may even serve as a lead!
When programming, you don’t view working both fast and right as trade-offs. You understand when things require precision and accuracy as well as where 80% gets you to the desired outcome. You share valuable demos without losing weeks of time.
When collaborating with the team in activities like daily standups, sprint planning, and deploying features in production, you check your ego at the door. You are only interested in finding the right answer versus always having the right answer.
Qualifications and Experience
Experience that’s required (and really important to have):
- Graduate from an accredited software engineering Bootcamp or four-year university*
- 5+ years of dynamic experience working as a Software Engineer
- 5+ years building modern software applications
- 3+ years building large, scalable, and distributed software applications
- Successful track record of owning technical projects and mentoring others
- Expertise with multiple datastores e.g. MySQL, MongoDB & CosmosDB
- Proficient in multiple front-end frameworks and Libraries e.g. ReactJS & Vue
- Proficient in more than one cloud environment e.g. AWS, Azure & GCP
- Proficient with multiple CI/CD tools e.g. Git, Azure DevOps, and TeamCity
- Ability to develop software in a Linux and/or Windows environment
- Ability to work effectively with people and enjoy helping others achieve their goals
* Demonstrable mastery of the required skill set can be substituted for formal education
Wildly impressive folks will also have experience with:
- Software engineering in a tech consultancy or agency setting
- Ability to develop software in a Linux and Windows environment
- History of delivering high-value software systems with high test coverage
- Experience developing meaningful leadership and/or mentorship programs
You’ll totally fit into our team if you are:
- Searching to fit into an amazing, “do good” culture
- Passionate about software development (it’s okay to be obsessed)
- Naturally pleasant, self-motivated, and driven
- Committed to continuous improvement in and out of work
- Demonstrate respect and professionalism in everything you do
- Dependable, available, and on time!
We get shit done, brilliantly.
Founded by two great friends, Andy and James, Inventive exists to improve lives with bad-ass tech. That’s our mission and why we show up every day. Our goal is to make technology and innovation accessible for all.
We’re a community of entrepreneurs, women, and veterans connected through our passion for getting shit done, tireless attention to detail, and commitment to creating our best work – every time.
Every day, we solve complex problems in creative ways. Whether it’s helping launch powerful user experiences, modernize systems and brands, or bring visions to life with your own expertise, one thing is for sure: you’ll never be bored! The best part?
People are the most important part of our mission.
If you can’t tell already, we are a fast-moving, fun-loving, seriously smart group of people who really care about improving lives. We hire the best of the best who want to grow, thrive, and contribute in a meaningful way.
- We’re a privately owned company with a people-first team. We move and adapt in a flash!
- We have been in business for five years and grown 20% YoY; this year, we’re on track for 35%.
- We hire top performers that embrace challenges and leave the bureaucracy to big tech.
We believe in transparency so you’ll see our salary ranges posted. Our rate will be commensurate with your level of experience and expertise in this given role. We also extend 1099 contracts depending on personal preference.
What’s special about this opportunity?
- 100% Remote: Plug in where you’re most productive! We are an everywhere agency.
- Ownership: Be trusted to make an impact. Everyone owns their role, 100%.
- Variety: Create websites, mobile apps, and more for unique companies around the world.
- Growth: Each project is totally different. Grow and learn in real-time.
- Stability: We grow responsibly. Even in rough seasons, we’ve never considered a layoff.
Please note: Inventive does not offer sponsorship. Being authorized to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment.
Inventive is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.