- Accounting / Finance
- Business Development / Sales
- Data & Analytics
- Developer/Engineer (16)
- HR / Recruiting / Staffing
- Marketing / Advertising / PR
- Operations (5)
- Project Management
- Software Engineering
Senior Software Engineer, Full Stack at eBay
Looking for a company that encourages passion, courage and creativity, where you can be part of the team crafting the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay a company you can be proud to be a part of.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Do you want to make an impact on the world’s largest e-commerce website? Are you interested in building performance efficient, high-volume and highly scalable distributed systems? We have a place for you!
- We are looking for a senior Full Stack Software engineer to work in the Trust product development team that builds applications for eBay marketplaces After Sales areas Cancel, Return, eBay Money Back guarantee, Feedback and Seller Standards. As an ambitious and hardworking member of our team, you will work with extremely dedicated peers in a fun environment building premier risk products. You will work in an agile environment with a focus on problem solving and engineering excellence.
- As part of the eBay initiative – ‘Intermediate Payments’, you will be working closely with Payments teams and revamping significant part of eBay Money Back Guarantee and Cancel product experience.
- Build solutions using your strong background in large scale web applications.
- Research, analyze, design, develop and test the solutions that are appropriate for the business and technology strategies.
- Participate in design discussions, code reviews and project related team meetings.
- Work with other engineers, Architecture, Product Management, QA, and Operations teams to develop innovative solutions that meet business needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, realistic implementation schedules and alignment to development principles and product goals.
- Develop technical & domain expertise and apply to solving product challenges.
- Solid foundation in computer science with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design.
- Excellent knowledge in practicing OOAD, architectural and design patterns, open source platforms, frameworks, technologies and software engineering methodologies.
- Hands-on experience in Java/J2EE, XML, Web Technologies, Web Services, Design Patterns, and OOA/D.
- Experience developing data-driven applications using an industry standard RDBMS. NoSQL experience is a plus. Experience on NodeJS is a plus.
- Experience with big data solutions such as Hadoop, MapReduce, Hive, Pig, Kafka, Storm etc. is a plus.
- Experience in using source control systems such as Git or Clearcase, issue tracking systems like JIRA.
- Strong expertise in agile development.
- Demonstrated ability to understand the business and ability to contribute to technology direction that gives to measurable business improvements.
- Ability to adapt to changing business priorities and to thrive under pressure.
- Excellent decision-making, communication and collaboration, skills.
Bachelor’s Degree with 5 years software engineering experience or Masters Degree with 3 years experience in software design and development.
Here at eBay, we love crafting opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.