- Accounting / Finance
- Business Development / Sales
- Data & Analytics
- Developer/Engineer (16)
- HR / Recruiting / Staffing
- Marketing / Advertising / PR
- Operations (5)
- Project Management
- Software Engineering
- Austin, Texas (66)
- Leander / Austin / Remote, Texas (1)
- Leander, Texas (1)
- Austin or Remote in North America, Texas (2)
- Leander / Austin / remote, Texas (1)
- Leander , Texas (1)
- Texas (2)
- Guam (1)
- Alabama (1)
- Houston, Texas (1)
- Washington, D.C. (1)
- Atlanta, Georgia (1)
- Austin, San Francisco and Sydney, Texas (1)
Senior Network Engineer at Epicor
Epicor is one of the world’s leading software companies, with more than 20,000 customers in over 150 countries using our products to effectively and efficiently automate and streamline their essential business functions. With industry specific solutions for the manufacturing, distribution, retail and service industries, Epicor products allow our customers to focus on core, revenue generating activities. Epicor is privately owned by KKR & Co. and produces approximately $900M in annual revenue with around 4,000 employees.
- Lead project planning and system implementations involving all areas of network infrastructure – LAN/WAN, Firewall, Data Center, Wireless, Load balancers, Wan Optimization.
- Design and manage the rollout of critical network infrastructures services, on both a strategic (long term) and tactical (immediate term) level.
- Architect and implement next generation data centers, providing a highly available data center for high-volume and high-transaction internet hosting and SaaS services.
- Work closely with business management to determine business process and productivity needs and an appropriate technology strategy to support business goals. Triaging business problems and requests, taking decisions on whether to route these into either elaboration or delivery projects/programs. Decomposing business problems and mapping them to strategic technology architectures.
- Must have solid engineering and operational knowledge of Routing and Switching, carrier-class services and bandwidth provisioning, security infrastructures, e-commerce infra operation with DR in mind, load balancing and failover technologies, network monitoring tool and reporting systems.
- Must have demonstrable technical expertise in multiple areas, with the ability to proactively identify and correct potential issues, to troubleshoot at a system-wide level, and to function as the highest level of technical escalation for any/all Network related problems and incidents.
- Compile and generate Network data reports, and provide analysis related to performance of the network infrastructure for optimal and proactive operation.
- Must be an excellent communicator, with the ability to communicate effectively orally, written and in presentation form across all levels and disciplines, with the ability to condense and tailor content for both technical and managerial consumption.
- A candidate should understand Project Management concepts and processes, and should have proven effectiveness in the application of these tools and techniques. Candidate must have demonstrated ability to support multiple major projects within EPICOR’s functional area.
- Participate in on-call rotation at a Tier 3 level and engage team resources as required for ad hoc issues and incident response.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Information Technology OR a related field with 10 years of recent, relevant experience. (Preferred)
- Minimum 10 yrs. experience in Network design& supporting complex enterprise networks and Data Center experience in designing, developing and implementing at global scale (Highly Preferred)
- Cisco Certified Internet Expert (CCIE R&S) and/or Cisco Certified Design Expert (CCDE) or equivalent experience (Preferred)
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP R&S or Security) and/or Cisco Certified Design Professional (CCDP) or comparable industry accepted certification or equivalent experience (Required)
- Strong technical expertise of MPLS, VSS, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, DMVPN, IPSEC, VPN, multicast, policy-based routing, Link Aggregation (LACP), vPC, QoS/DSCP, traffic-shaping, network and data security.
- Experience in Configuration & troubleshooting of Cisco ISR G1/G2 Series and ASR Series Routers and 4500, 6500 Series Core-Switches & 2900, 3700, 3800 Series Access Layer Switches and DC switches Nexus 2K, 5K, 7K & 9K series
- Hands on experience on Cisco ASA’s. Should be comfortable with troubleshooting VPN issues.
- Solid understanding of structured cabling standards
- Troubleshooting on various layers (i.e. Access, Distribution, WLAN, Perimeter layer and at MPLS end) in case of slowness/network down issue reported from processes and identify the root cause
- Capacity management and audit of IP addressing and hosted devices for the Corp Network. Solid trouble shooting skills including packet level analysis.
- Proven ability to apply existing and new technologies in innovate and creative ways to meet changing and developing business needs for 24×7 operations
- Collaborate with other local / global team engineers, Mentoring / Coaching of colleagues and support personnel as a team
- Cloud Infra experience – AWS, Azure, GCP will be a plus
- Network Automation skills, knowledge of SDN
- Exceptional documentation skills that can clearly articulate technical designs, issues and constraints, procedures, and network assessments
- Proven ability to drive results in oneself and others; ability to manage time, resources and priorities; develop plans, work through adversity and consistently meet deadlines and produce effective results