- Accounting / Finance
- Business Development / Sales
- Data & Analytics
- Developer/Engineer (16)
- HR / Recruiting / Staffing
- Marketing / Advertising / PR
- Operations (5)
- Project Management
- Software Engineering
QA Lead at eBay
At eBay, you will be part of a purpose-driven community dedicated to building an ambitious and versatile work environment. In eBay Payments, you will be an integral member of a growing organization that encourages passion, courage, and inventiveness – creating the future of global commerce and making a meaningful, positive impact on millions of eBay sellers and shoppers around the world. If you are looking for a special place to take your Payments career to the next level, we want to talk with you.
The eBay Global Payments, Billing Technology organization includes a software engineering team that is responsible for mission-critical applications needed to support billing, payment, and risk-related operations; The team designs, develops, supports, and maintains a number of internal applications using a variety technologies including Angular/JS and PHP web-based front-end tools and interfaces, Java-based mid-tier SOAP/REST web services, Java batch processes, and underlying Oracle and MySQL databases.
As a QA Lead you will collaborate with other QA Engineers, Project Managers and Software Developers to deliver Projects ensuring the highest Product Quality standards.
Main responsibilities include:
- Understand the design, architecture and Business requirements
- Participate in all aspects of QA product lifecycle: Scoping, test case creation, feature, regression, integration, end-to-end test execution
- Prepare and review test plans / test case with extended Development and Product Management teams
- Report and verify bugs in a timely manner
- Work with Product Management to understand the requirements
- Ability to identify and research data issues
- Identify project risks and be able to provide alternatives for reducing risk
- Communicate status and raise issues in a timely fashion
- The engineer will need to work with large data sets and diverse database environments
- Ability to work independently and lead the QA activities for the projects assigned
- Working on different projects concurrently
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer science or related field
- 8 to 10 years as a Software Engineer QA with 3+ years in the lead role, managing delivery
- Hands on experience in testing Web, Java based applications and Web services
- Experience with UI testing with PHP, Java, Java Script, HTML, SOAP, XML
- Prior experience with test case automation is must. Hands-on skills with Selenium is a plus
- Experience with load testing tools like JMeter, Load UI or other tools
- Test Case Management – Able to write test cases effectively, execute with accuracy and keep them up to date
- Knowledge and experience with SQL and data-driven applications
- Defect Management – Entering and managing defects to completion.
- Experience in some aspect of financial services is highly desirable
- Strong verbal and written skills, attention to detail, and a strong team-based attitude
- Must be team-oriented and but also capable of working largely on your own with minimal supervision
- This position requires healthy doses of initiative, and also to remain flexible in a very dynamic and fast paced environment
- Experience working with the offshore teams is a plus
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.