- Accounting / Finance
- Business Development / Sales
- Data & Analytics
- Developer/Engineer (16)
- HR / Recruiting / Staffing
- Marketing / Advertising / PR
- Operations (5)
- Project Management
- Software Engineering
Outside Sales – Membership and Sponsorship Sales Representative at Austin Technology Council
Outside Sales – Membership and Sponsorship Sales Representative
Austin Technology Council – Austin, TX
$40,000 /yr Base + Commission & Benefits
Sales Manager for the Austin Technology Council
Seeking a high-energy, self-motivated individual to expand the association’s membership base through new member sales and retention, primarily throughout the city and surrounding areas.
Job Type: Full-Time Job
Location: Austin (Metro City and surrounding areas)
Required Experience: 2 years of Outside Sales or Commissioned Sales and/or 1 year Chamber/Association Sales
Compensation: Base, Commission, Expenses, Bonus possibilities and Full Benefits Package
Since 1992, Austin Technology Council has been the informed opinion leader and unifying voice of technology in Austin and Central Texas. As our region’s largest tech industry organization, we empower our members with the insights, resources and connections they need to succeed and thrive, and work collaboratively with our partners to foster innovation and growth.
Will include, but not be limited to:
- Plan and execute a new member sales acquisition program through a number of methods.
- Learn and develop new, creative sales techniques and strategies.
- Development of sales and business development collateral.
- Working with other ATC leadership and the Board to develop and execute opportunities for member and sponsor acquisition and participation.
- Serve as staff liaison to the membership community.
- Hit predetermined sales targets on a weekly/Monthly basis.
- Maintain leads in association database, submit weekly sales reports to Director and/or CEO
- Follow up with leads through networking with local members and industry-affiliated groups.
- Provide support at local member events; serve as a conduit between new, inactive, and prospective members.
- Any other duties that pertain to sales and the department.
- This is an overview of your job description; you may be asked to perform additional tasks or duties by the Director and/or CEO
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested per CEO.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Familiarity with and understanding of technology and tech companies
- Previous success in soliciting and closing C-Suite executives and HR leaders
- High energy, positive attitude, and excellent interpersonal skills;
- Proven ability selling intangible products/services;
- Computer literate/proficient including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and CRM
- Strong time management skills and the ability to self-manage priorities, work within a plan and produce results on a consistent basis;
- Possess a high degree of personal accountability, discipline and integrity
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree preferred
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Austin, TX
Required experience: Outside or Association/Chamber Sales: 1 year
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 /year
Required experience: Outside Sales: 1 year