- Accounting / Finance
- Business Development / Sales
- Data & Analytics
- Developer/Engineer (16)
- HR / Recruiting / Staffing
- Marketing / Advertising / PR
- Operations (5)
- Project Management
- Software Engineering
- Leander / Austin / Remote, Texas (1)
- Leander, Texas (1)
- Austin, Texas (39)
- San Antonio , Texas (1)
- Leander / Austin / remote, Texas (1)
- Dallas, Texas (1)
- REMOTE, Texas (2)
- Texas (2)
- Leander , Texas (1)
- Austin, US Armed Forces Pacific (1)
- Austin , Texas (1)
- Cedar Park, Texas (2)
- Greater Austin Area, Texas (1)
- Austin, San Antonio, Texas (1)
- San Antonio, Texas (1)
Network Manager (Network Specialist VI) at Workforce Solutions Capital Area
Salary Range: $95,000 – $110,000 Salary Group: B-26
WIT JPID: 15122063 FLSA Status: Exempt
To learn more, go to www.wfscapitalarea.com/joinourteam. Apply online at www.workintexas.com (Job positing: 15122063), then email your resume and cover letter to HR@wfscapitalarea.com.
ORGANIZATION AND PURPOSE
Workforce Solutions Capital Area is a non-profit organization that connects people to jobs. We are a recognized leader in workforce development. Our reputation is built upon collaboration, accountability, and innovation.
The mission of Workforce Solutions Capital Area is to lead the region’s workforce development system in support of a world-class workforce. We believe that training and education aligned to the needs of local employers are the foundation of a competitive workforce. We utilize a strategic approach to workforce development, based on analytics, to ensure that programs and services meet the needs of job seekers and employers.
Performs highly advanced and/or supervisory (senior-level) network work duties. Work activities involve directing tasks associated with a local area network or wide area network Internet and intranet systems administration, and other data networks; planning, designing, and integrating data telecommunications networks; designing, installing, implementing, troubleshooting, and monitoring networks; monitoring and analyzing existing hardware (routers, switches, firewalls and servers) and software; developing policies and procedures; preparing recommendations; and evaluating potential
network enhancements. May supervise the work of others. Works under the direction of the Chief Information Officer (CIO) with latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED
• Maintains switches, routers, firewalls, dedicated connections to TWC and ISP for internet services.
• Maintains and monitors VPN solution for employees telecommuting to ensure reliability and security.
• Maintains, monitors network, and performs tuning and capacity planning activities to enhance the performance of the network resources, i.e., analyzes workload, including traffic and utilization trends.
• Maintains and monitors VMWare environment i.e., uptime, capacity, utilization, and general performance.
• Maintains and monitors Network Storage device for uptime, capacity, utilization, and access controls.
• Assists in maintaining the Local Area Network (LAN) and/or Wide Area Network (WAN), cable and switch installations, inventories, and other related duties.
• Assists in maintaining the network physical and logical structures, including all network connections.
• Initiates test of system programs to detect errors or work stoppage.
• Interfaces with users, technical teams, and vendors for maximum guidance in determining the most appropriate type of hardware installation.
• Assists in the documentation of the LAN/WAN configurations.
• Develops and monitors appropriate security procedures to safeguard system from physical harm and viruses, unauthorized users, and damage to data.
• Changes system software so that system performance will meet objectives.
• Assists in, or conducts, product evaluations of upgraded or new hardware and software, identifying strengths, weaknesses, and potential benefits to the Agency.
• Assists in maintaining the operating system and security software utilized on the network, including the addition of new users to the network and establishment of rights and privileges.
• Assists in preparation of training courses; provides user support and training in the use of available hardware, software, and utilities.
• Performs routine backups and archival of files stored on the network to assist in recovery efforts.
• Performs administration of Windows based workstations, applications, printers, and other hardware in an Active Directory environment including group policy creation and management.
• Maintains and implements the agency’s enterprise antivirus and encryption solution.
• Supports centralized wireless networks.
• Maintains physical security system including video CCTV and proximity card reader access control system.
• Administer, configure, monitor and backup VOIP phone system to include Call Manager, Cisco Unity, Attendant Console and CER.
• Administers configure, monitor, backup, and phone reporting software iMagical.
• Assists in Microsoft Office 365 admin center to include license provisioning, managing users, issuing software and maintain Azure AD.
• Assists and maintains audio/video conferencing software and equipment.
• Assist and maintains enterprise antivirus, encryption, and data loss prevention systems.
• Performs essential backup processes to include local and cloud systems.
• Perform patch management tasks include maintaining current knowledge of available patches, deciding what patches are appropriate for systems, ensuring that patches are installed properly, testing systems after installation, and documenting all associated procedures.
• Works closely with Security Operations Team overseeing the SIEM, vulnerability and risk management tools including developing and refining correlation rules.
• Monitors and defines the requirements of the overall security of the enterprise network
• Monitors and implements hardware and software solutions to help mitigate a wide variety of network attacks.
• Performs related work as assigned.
GENERAL QUALIFICATION GUIDELINES
Experience and Education
• Bachelor’s degree in related field with three (3) years full-time experience in computer programming, systems analysis, and/or four (4) or more years of full-time experience in LAN/WAN technologies, including multiple network operating systems (e.g., Windows 2008, 2012, 2016, Unix), topologies (i.e., Ethernet) and protocols (TCP), Wide Area Networking
including IPV4, IPV6, system administration, networks, telecommunications, and/or utilizing personal computer hardware and software.
• One additional year of experience as described above may be substituted for each year (30 semester hours) of college.
• Experience with managing CISCO VOIP phone systems.
• Team leadership experience a plus.
• Microsoft SharePoint experience desirable but not required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Strong knowledge and experience with Routers, Switches, Firewalls, IDS/IPS, Wi-Fi, VLANS, WAP and VPN Systems.
• Strong knowledge and experience with PC hardware and software technology as well as a good understanding and familiarity UNIX system administration.
• Strong knowledge and experience of backup methods and backup applications.
• Strong knowledge and experience of active directory, DNS and DHCP.
• Strong knowledge and experience of VMWare and Nimble storage devices.
• Thorough knowledge of network facilities and data processing techniques; of personal computer hardware and software, network operating system and security software, and performance monitoring and capacity management tools.
• Thorough knowledge of standard security practices for multiple operating systems.
• Skill in using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems; and troubleshooting local area and wide area network connectivity and security issues.
• Ability to recognize, analyze and resolve network problems; to communicate effectively; and to supervise the work of others.
• Knowledge of the limitations and capabilities of computer systems and of the techniques used in the design of non-automated systems.
• Desire and initiative for continued learning.
• Ability to organize and prioritize tasks to effectively meet deadlines.
• Demonstrate analytic, written, and oral communications skills.
• Good time management skills.
Registration, Certification, or Licensure
• Must possess a valid driver’s license and have access to reliable transportation. Local, in-state, and/or out-of-state travel may be required.
• Must be legally eligible for employment in the United States.
• May be subject to a background check (verification of education, employment, references, credit history, and criminal background)