- Accounting / Finance
- Business Development / Sales
- Data & Analytics
- Developer/Engineer (16)
- HR / Recruiting / Staffing
- Marketing / Advertising / PR
- Operations (5)
- Project Management
- Software Engineering
Middleware Administrator at Teacher Retirement System of Texas
TRS is looking for a Middleware System Administrator to play an integral role in the TRS Enterprise Application Modernization (TEAM) program. This is a critical position where your expertise will connect core technology to business driven solutions. As part of the Middleware Team, you’ll have access to leading edge technology:
- Red Hat JBoss EAP / Red Hat FUSE ESB clusters on Windows servers
- Riverbed AppInternals and SolarWinds Application Monitoring
- Multiple datacenters with SSD storage, virtual servers, and Cisco UCS blades
This is a unique opportunity to be part of a collaborative environment where your voice is heard and respected, and your workload automation skills will be used to support dynamic web applications for 1.4 million Texas public education employees.
In addition to work-life balance and an excellent benefits package, you’ll be working with an organization consistently named a Top Workplace in Austin. Because we don’t just fill positions at TRS – we recruit the best and brightest! We’d love to learn more about your awesome Middleware skills. Please apply today to get the process started!
State Classification: 0256/Systems Analyst V/B24ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides infrastructure, deployment, and support expertise with specific focus in the area of middleware applications and technologies, including Red Hat JBoss EAP and JBoss FUSE clusters.
- Analyzes, diagnoses, and resolves problems in the middleware integration environment such as DB layer and other integration layers collaborating with others, such as developers, DBAs, and QA staff for continuous process improvement and high quality delivery on time.
- Participates in troubleshooting with other staff on the web, middleware, and database layer as needed, such as for load balancing or configuration issues.
- Participates in the planning, installation, configuration, monitoring and maintenance of a large Microsoft network.
- Assists with the operations and maintenance of existing hardware, operating systems, and environments that support the agency’s websites.
- Assists in developing policies, procedures, and standards for installing and configuring Java middleware, IIS, and other web-based applications and environments.
- Implements enhancements and maintenance of middleware application systems and sites.
- Assists in product evaluations of new software and upgrades to existing middleware software to identify strengths, weaknesses, and potential benefits to the agency.
- Monitors and meters middleware applications to ensure compliance with licensing agreements and system availability.
- Collaborates with other agency staff to maintain network security and to ensure a fully integrated information systems environment.
- Assists in providing training and technical assistance to IT and other agency staff on network and middleware technology software and related issues.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS/LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- High school diploma or equivalent and additional full-time, related experience may substitute for the required education on an equivalent year for year basis.
- Five (5) years of full-time network server administration experience, including experience in middleware application design and support.
- Knowledge and working experience with one or more of the following technologies: Java EE, Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform (EAP), Red Hat JBoss Fuse Enterprise Service Bus, Imperva Cloud WAF, Webtrends, Riverbed SteelCentral suite, SolarWinds Management suite, Microsoft Windows Server, Active Directory, Oracle Glassfish web application server, Oracle iPlanet Web Server, and Subversion SVN.
- Experience in automation of configuration management and application deployment technologies including scripting with an emphasis on PowerShell.
- Familiarity and working experience with ITIL methodologies and practices.
- Possession of one or more of the following certifications: Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE), Red Hat Certified JBoss Administrator.