- Accounting / Finance
- Business Development / Sales
- Data & Analytics
- Developer/Engineer (16)
- HR / Recruiting / Staffing
- Marketing / Advertising / PR
- Operations (5)
- Project Management
- Software Engineering
Manager, Network and Telecom at Epicor
Job Title: Manager (or Sr. Manager), Global Network and Telecom
Location(s): US, Texas, Austin
Epicor Software drives business growth.
We provide flexible, industry‐specific software designed around the needs of our manufacturing, distribution, retail, and service industry customers. More than 40 years of experience with our customers’ unique operational requirements are built into every solution―in the cloud, hosted, or on premises. With this deep understanding of our customers’ industries, Epicor solutions manage complexity, increase efficiency, and free up resources to enable our customers to focus on growth.
This position manages the global network and telecom teams in support of both corporate and customer-facing environments. The role will require hands-on management and candidates are expected to be well versed in both network and telecom platforms. Candidate will lead teams through architecture, planning and design, implementation and support. Applicant must account for lifecycle management and capacity planning in the environment; providing budget management. Resource must support and collaborate with employees, peers and leaders in support of Epicor’s complex environments.
- Essential Responsibilities:
- Architect, test, plan, implement and maintain global network& telecom infrastructure.
- Work with various network and telecommunication vendors to support global infrastructure. Negotiate contracts, renewals and address any gaps in service.
- Ensure regular analysis of circuits and properly plan capacity for all locations. Design and test backup connections to ensure no interruptions in service.
- Perform network troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose complex network and telecom problems.
- Provide strategic lifecycle planning of equipment, including both hardware and software components; budget as appropriate.
- Proven ability to leverage new and existing technologies in and innovative creative ways to meet ever-changing needs of our rapidly growing business.
- Demonstrated expertise in several key technology areas, and a strong foundation of all network and voice technologies, infrastructures and systems (e.g., switching, routing, protocols, firewalls, VPN’s, WAN architectures, F5 load-balancing, DNS, wireless, authentication and management systems, VoIP, video, programming/scripting, etc.)
- Analytical and complex problem solving skills; troubleshooting, incident management and root cause analysis for system-wide issues, including application, network, telecom and virus mitigation.
- Proven ability to drive results in oneself and others; ability to manage time, resources and priorities; develop plans, work through adversity and consistently meet deadlines and produce effective results
- Effective verbal and written communication skills; the ability to communicate effectively in all business relationships and various levels of management in a clear and direct manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills and teamwork traits; adeptness in working in close cooperation with teammates; ability to build solid working relationships across functional boundaries; the capacity to work through difficult issues in an effective, pragmatic fashion and to negotiate with tact and persuasiveness; ability to foster strong vendor and partner relationships.
- Strong partnership and collaboration with Security counterparts to ensure both corporate and customer-facing environments are secure. Experience with audit compliance and standards.
- Candidate must have the ability to automate routine deployments and daily tasks to reduce risks and manage the growing workloads.
- Proven experience running multimillion-dollar P&L with detailed reporting and the ability to trend and forecast growth.
- Candidate must have experience working in cloud technologies and can provide best practices in how to operate within the public cloud arenas.
- Candidate must be willing to work in a 24/7 environment and participate in oncall support. Limited travel is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or a related field is recommended. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Cisco certification recommended
- Minimum of ten years’ experience planning, designing, building, and implementing IT systems
- Minimum of five years’ experience in the direct supervision and management of major projects that involve providing professional support services and/or the integration, implementation and transition of large complex system and subsystem architectures.