- Accounting / Finance
- Business Development / Sales
- Data & Analytics
- Developer/Engineer (16)
- HR / Recruiting / Staffing
- Marketing / Advertising / PR
- Operations (5)
- Project Management
- Software Engineering
Lead Ad Tech Engineer at The HT Group
Working as a Lead Software Engineer, you will be involved with high level design and architecture decisions and hands-on coding to field our next generation of Supply Side and Demand Side Platform architecture for video ad transcoding. This role will intermarry state of the art video encoding technology with high availability, cloud-based APIs for interaction with SSPs, DSPs, and 3rd party video advertising servers. To fully contribute, you will need an understanding of IAB standards and industry practices both on conceptual and pragmatic levels. The role requires an ability to innovate new solutions and to communicate across all levels of the company.
• Work with Business Development to extend our video ad transcoding architecture so it meets our customers’ needs and grows revenue.
• Apply advertising technology domain knowledge to broaden and improve our ability to interact in the video ad tech ecosystem.
• Translate business needs and strategy into technical specifications & requirements.
• Direct software team members and provide hands on contributions to architecture, systems design, implementation, testing and deployment.
• Map out development pathways to meet current and future opportunities in the rapidly changing online and streaming video advertising space.
• High level competency designing, implementing, and testing systems that interact using OpenRTB, VAST, VPAID, DSP, SSP for high availability ad serving and measurement.
• 7+ years of experience in software development, ad system architecture, and digital ad technologies.
• Demonstrated experience and success architecting and directing teams to create fielded ad serving systems.
• The ability to diagnose issues and identify and implement solutions for 24×7 live, cloud based (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure) systems.
• Attention to detail and understanding of engineering best practices.
• Strong communication skills, being able to discuss complex technical topics using clear, understandable language in both written and spoken form.
• Bachelor’s degree required. with a major in Computer and/or Data Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or Engineering. Advanced degree preferred.
Desired Additional Qualifications
• Familiarity and understanding of video and audio transcoding systems. • Working knowledge of Python, C++, Relational Databases.