- Accounting / Finance
- Business Development / Sales
- Data & Analytics
- Developer/Engineer (16)
- HR / Recruiting / Staffing
- Marketing / Advertising / PR
- Operations (5)
- Project Management
- Software Engineering
IT Systems Engineer at Cyberstreams
An IT System Engineer is a strategic technical position. This position is responsible for maintaining the design and integrity of customer’s software systems, coordinating complex projects, and implementing software solutions. This position is responsible for maintaining deep knowledge of, ensuring accurate and up-to-date documentation of, generating recommendations for projects (hardware/software/maintenance) for, and establishing good working relationships with specific clients to whom they are assigned as Lead Engineer. To this end they may be involved in support incident escalations for assigned clients or those where a particular skillset is needed; either assisting help desk engineers to train or otherwise help them achieve success or in taking over uncommon or complex incidents entirely.
- IT support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft’s core business applications and operating systems, as well as virtual environments built on Microsoft Hyper-V, Azure, and VMware.
- Design, implementation, and support services for Microsoft related technologies: Windows Server, Exchange, SharePoint, etc.
- Engineer and implement system solutions for customers using technologies that meet their needs.
- Implement and support backup and disaster recovery solutions.
- Technical services and support at the network level: WAN/LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security.
- Implementation, administration and support of cloud solutions for customers including Microsoft 365, Azure, and other software as a service applications.
- Support remote access solutions: VPN, RDP, Windows 365, Azure VD.
- System documentation and consulting services to include system reviews and recommendations.
- Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes, or agreed outages.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction.
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively.
- Escalate service or project issues that cannot be completed within agreed service levels.
- Business awareness: knowledge of the customer and how IT relates to their business strategy and goals.
- Document internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities.
- Responsible for entering time and expenses as they occur.
- Understand processes by completing assigned training materials.
- Work through project tickets and phases as assigned by a Project Manager.
- Enter all work as service or project tickets.
- Review IT publications and online materials to remain up-to-date with current and future technologies emerging in the industry.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Educational/Vocational/Previous Experience Recommendations:
Only local candidates need apply.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. Other duties may be assigned as needed.