- Accounting / Finance
- Business Development / Sales
- Data & Analytics
- Developer/Engineer (16)
- HR / Recruiting / Staffing
- Marketing / Advertising / PR
- Operations (5)
- Project Management
- Software Engineering
IT Specialist – Domain Office at MadCap Software Inc.
At MadCap Software, we are developing innovative software solutions that improve the way companies, government agencies and academic institutions create, manage, and deliver content to their end-users. Ranked as one of the Top Workplaces of 2017 by the San Diego Union Tribune, MadCap Software is growing and looking for passionate individuals to join our tight-knit team.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated IT Specialist to join our growing team. This is a mid-level position for someone with proven abilities in Information Technology. Candidate must have a can-do attitude, be extremely self-motivated, work under minimal supervision, and have a desire to learn and grow. The position will require reporting and escalation to the department’s manager who is located in a different geographical location, La Jolla, California.
• Administer VMware hypervisors, and virtual machines running on VMware
• Assist in monitoring and maintaining infrastructure hosted on the Microsoft Azure platform
• Manage virtualized infrastructure running VMWare esxi in local datacenter and infrastructure extended into Azure
• Provide network connectivity to remote computers and mobile devices while minimizing security risks
• Install, configure and troubleshoot common software applications. May perform testing to replicate problem and symptoms.
• Keep abreast of current security threats and implement effective counter-measures
• Administer Mitel phones and IP based phone network
• Provide help desk assistance and respond to tickets
• Set up new computers, update drivers, upgrade hardware, configure printers, anti-virus, etc
• 3-5 years of experience in Information Technology
• Strong background in Microsoft Windows Server technologies required
• Experience with Microsoft Exchange administration required
• Experience with Cloud Technologies (Microsoft Azure) is a plus
• Experience with backup methodologies and best practices
• Experience with IP networking in a Microsoft environment
• Experience with SQL server and TFS is a plus
• Experience with Linux preferred
• Applied experience in Microsoft Office suite and other MS software products (Microsoft Exchange, Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint)
• Experience with VMware
• Experience with SAN technologies a plus
• Experience installing network peripherals (printers, scanners, etc).
• Hardware and software troubleshooting experience required
• Experience with standard data back-up practices
• Experience with Symantec Backup Exec and Veeam
• Knowledge of Mitel phone systems a plus
• A+ or Microsoft Certification (completed or in-progress) or equivalent experience preferred
Advance Your Career at MadCap Software
At MadCap Software, we’re developing innovative software solutions that improve the way companies, government agencies and academic institutions create, manage, and deliver content to their end-users. Launched in 2005, our products are used by technical communicators, content managers and documentation professionals across a diverse range of industry verticals throughout the globe.
MadCap Software offers a business casual environment that is focused on personal growth and professional development.
OFFICE EXPANSION – AUSTIN, TEXAS – OPENING IN Q4 OF 2018
MadCap Software is thrilled to announce our new office expansion in The Domain (northside), opening in Q4 of 2018. We are currently seeking positions to expand our team in Austin, Texas. More expansion details will be available soon.
Our headquarters is located in La Jolla, California, just north of downtown San Diego.
Full-time employees receive a robust benefits package to ensure their health and wellness needs are met. Some of the benefits offered to MadCap Software employees include: Employer-paid medical, dental, vision and life; 401k plan; Stock options; Gym discounts; EAP; LTD; Sick days; 3 Weeks of PTO/year, plus paid holidays.
MadCap Software is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and offers challenging opportunities that go beyond the boundaries of a job description.