- Accounting / Finance
- Business Development / Sales
- Data & Analytics
- Developer/Engineer (16)
- HR / Recruiting / Staffing
- Marketing / Advertising / PR
- Operations (5)
- Project Management
- Software Engineering
- Austin, Texas (3)
Information Systems Security Analyst at Capital Metro
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Ready to expand your cybersecurity career at a growing, innovative agency? Keep reading!
The Information Systems Security Analyst protects against unauthorized access, modification, or destruction of CapMetro assets and contributes to the development of Information Technology (IT) security policies and standards. Complete tasks designed to ensure security of the organization’s systems and information assets. The incumbent understands internet architecture, firewall, and other network infrastructure configurations to protect system security. In addition, the incumbent may need to authorize user access and be familiar with domain structures and digital signatures. The incumbent will contribute to moderately complex aspects of a project. This position will report directly to the VP, Chief Information Security Officer but may also receive assignments from the Program Manager IV Network Cybersecurity.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field. Additional related experience may substitute for degree on a year for year basis up to four years.
- Four (4) years of progressively responsible experience in infrastructure applications, systems, and Cybersecurity related services and experience in Windows server network or IT systems management.
- Experience with direct end-user support in a customer service role. Demonstrated dedication to customer service
- Formal Cybersecurity certifications are desired but not required – such as CISSP.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to maintain server hardware, software, and network equipment.
- Knowledge of major hardware and software systems including local area networks, PC architecture and networking topologies.
- Skills with current major network system applications.
- Customer service experience and working team concepts.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills to resolve hardware, software, and Cybersecurity issues.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to deliver quality work timely and accurately
- Ability to coordinate several diverse job requirements and projects.
- Excellent organization abilities, analytical skills and communication skills including the ability to effectively communicate technical information to a non-technical audience.
- Be self-motivated and seek opportunities for continuous process improvement. Be a catalyst and a willing participant of organizational changes.
- Ability to work in a team environment in a matrix organization, partnering well with employees, management, users, business areas, vendors, contractors and undertake duties and tasks as assigned without close supervision.
- Ability to be a positive and constructive contributor in a team-based environment.
- Knowledge of Information System Implementation Lifecycle desired.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and diverse groups of people and activities simultaneously.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW
Capital Metro is deeply committed to building a workplace where inclusion is not only valued but prioritized. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating a welcoming and diverse environment. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, pregnancy, age, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws. We encourage people with disabilities and from other diverse backgrounds to apply for Capital Metro vacancies. Capital Metro makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and organizational needs at the time.
This position is designated as a “mobile” position. Employees in mobile positions are expected to work in the office as needed. Employees in mobile positions must be in the office for socialization, strategic collaboration, and supervision, as needed. Employees will have access to touchdown/collaboration spaces when on-site. CapMetro is in the early stages of mobility planning and the mobility status of this position could be subject to change.
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE