- Accounting / Finance
- Business Development / Sales
- Data & Analytics
- Developer/Engineer (16)
- HR / Recruiting / Staffing
- Marketing / Advertising / PR
- Operations (5)
- Project Management
- Software Engineering
Front End Software Engineer at Modernize
What we’re looking for:
Are you a self-motivated critical thinker who is driven to succeed and likes to have fun doing it? Our downtown office space has an open floor plan that encourages collaboration and pushing each other to be our best. We take care of our team as well; a solid benefits package, quarterly bonuses, regular company outings, free coffee, beer, snacks, music, and great co-workers are all included with employment at Modernize.
In this position, you will research, design, build, test, deploy, and maintain web applications and microsites. Your knowledge of web development and user experience combined with programming skills will be put to the test as you build out websites that optimize the experience of millions of online users. Working in a tight-knit team environment, you will participate in design discussions, code reviews, sprint planning, and deployments. We are seeking applicants that have a passion for front end development and desire to learn and grow quickly.
What you’ll do:
- Develop highly functional, responsive websites based on mockups, wireframes, design artifacts, product and technical requirements
- Assist in translating business requirements into software designs, implementation schedules, and deployment strategies
- Build websites with an eye on usability, conversion, and attention to detail
- Build CSS that enables as many devices and resolutions as possible while maintaining minimum load times.
- Participate in the refinement and ideation of user interface A/B tests
- Define new features that ensure a high performing and scalable user experience for both mobile and desktop users
- Collaborate with peers on technical design, work estimation, and feature implementation
- Participate in sprint planning by understanding the effort, risk, and priority of remaining work committed for each release
- Perform peer code reviews and collaborate with the team to improve overall code quality
- Contribute ideas for continually improving the team’s productivity, release quality, and job enjoyment
What you need:
- Solid grasp of best practices for front end development.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present and translate complex information to internal teams.
- Experience with performance profiling for page load speed and optimization techniques.
- Experience with CMS platforms like WordPress.
Nice to haves:
- Understanding of front end build processes including gulp.
- Experience with SQL and databases.
- Experience with PHP.
- Experience with Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager
- Experience with Agile Scrum.
- Experience with React, Jquery and consuming API’s from the front end.
Who you are:
- Loves to solve problems
- Motivated, driven, and works well autonomously
- Always researching a better, more efficient way to fix something
- Looking for the opportunity to join a rapidly growing engineering team