- Accounting / Finance
- Business Development / Sales
- Data & Analytics
- Developer/Engineer (16)
- HR / Recruiting / Staffing
- Marketing / Advertising / PR
- Operations (5)
- Project Management
- Software Engineering
- Austin, Texas (69)
- Leander / Austin / Remote, Texas (1)
- Leander, Texas (1)
- Austin or Remote in North America, Texas (2)
- Houston, Texas (5)
- Leander / Austin / remote, Texas (1)
- Leander , Texas (1)
- Texas (2)
- Guam (1)
- Alabama (1)
- Washington, D.C. (1)
- Atlanta, Georgia (1)
- Austin, San Francisco and Sydney, Texas (1)
Entry-Level Software Developer [Full Stack] at
The Entry-Level Software Developer [Full Stack] performs entry-level to routine computer programming and applications support work. Work involves participating in small to large scale automation projects; and supporting related activities. Works under general supervision with limited latitude for initiative and independent judgment. This position reports to the Manager of Applications Support.
Who we are
One of Austin’s Top Workplaces and a destination employer! The Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) is truly a great place to work. TRS is the largest public retirement system in Texas in both membership and assets, and has been serving the retirement needs of Texas public education employees for more than 75 years. The system is responsible for investing funds under its stewardship and for delivering benefits to members as authorized by the Texas Legislature. With more than $133 billion in well diversified investments, TRS ranks as the sixth largest in U.S. public pension plans and in the top 25 in the world.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Codes, tests and debugs programs.
- Writes unit tests based on provided examples.
- Build simple to routine SQL statements and stored procedures.
- Generate reports using report creation tools.
- Create ETL programs.
- Attend and participate in code reviews.
- Documents existing processes for TRS Staff to utilize as reference.
- Performs research, analysis, or development tasks as assigned.
- May assist in researching, compiling, and analyzing data; entering data into spreadsheets, databases, and other automated applications; and preparing simple queries and reports.
- May review forms, correspondence, reports, and other documents for completeness and acceptability.
- May assist in reviewing and analyzing agency policies, procedures, and forms and recommending changes to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Assists in completing special projects and performs other work as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS/LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Two (2) years of college coursework (60 hours minimum) in computer science, computer engineering or other information systems related major.
- Completion of a certified full-stack web development boot-camp program, or other non-college based information technology program accepted as a college semester equivalency.
- High school diploma or equivalent and additional full-time, related experience may substitute for the required education on an equivalent year-for-year basis.
- Experience in computer programming, including coding experience in a professional information systems work environment.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in computer science, computer engineering or other information systems related major.
- Previous experience in software development through an internship, boot camp, or formal work environment.
- Experience using Java J2EE/EJB, JSP, and Struts.
- Experience using Microsoft SQL Server including experience with SSRS, SSIS and/or writing SQL queries and stored procedures.
- Experience working with business intelligence, enterprise service bus, rules engines, e-signature, and/or UX/UI development.
- Experience working in or knowledge of Agile software development.