- Accounting / Finance
- Business Development / Sales
- Data & Analytics
- Developer/Engineer (16)
- HR / Recruiting / Staffing
- Marketing / Advertising / PR
- Operations (5)
- Project Management
- Software Engineering
- Austin, Texas (2)
Director of Mobility Industry Partnerships at Workforce Solutions Capital Area
ORGANIZATION AND PURPOSE
Workforce Solutions Capital Area is a non-profit organization that connects people to jobs. We are a recognized leader in workforce development. Our reputation is built upon our values of diversity, leadership, innovation, collaboration, accountability, and results.
The mission of Workforce Solutions Capital Area is to lead the regions workforce development system in support of a world-class workforce. We believe that training and education, aligned to the needs of local employers, are the foundation of a competitive workforce. We utilize a strategic approach to workforce development, based on analytics, to ensure that programs and services meet the needs of job seekers and employers.
The Austin/Travis County region is experiencing transformational infrastructure and mobility improvement efforts that will lead to the most advanced transit and mobility system in North America. These improvements relate to ground transport, rail, and airport expansions. Successful operation and management of the system will depend on workforce planning and development initiatives to create early and continuously functioning pipelines for hiring new employees to build and operate, as well as identification of growth opportunities for existing staff. The Director function must support Workforce Solutions values while simultaneously connecting local people to local jobs that are created and sustained through these opportunities. Further, the Director must exhibit a willingness to demonstrate and encourage a solutions mindset, communicate well with stakeholders in the workforce system ecosystem, and develop the people in the workforce system to serve as true partnership managers.
The Director will ensure that the skill-building and employment-ecosystem capacity and needs are defined and will deliver a comprehensive work plan each year in support of evolving needs of business.
EXAMPLES OF WORK TO BE PERFORMED
- Build a comprehensive strategic plan, including annual work plans, that aligns with the Boards Hire Local Plan, all in support of meeting the evolving needs of related mobility businesses.
- Serve as a trusted advisor and subject matter expert for mobility-related workforce planning activities.
- Collaborate with workforce development liaisons at CapMetro and Austin Transit Partnership on transit-related initiatives.
- In year one, conduct a local training provider supply analysis and map it against expected industry job and skill demand. Incorporate existing research on talent from CapMetro and Austin Transit Partnership.
- Collaborate with peer workforce development industry directors and delivery team to measure and prioritize talent needs that will enable the mobility industry to meet both short-and long-term goals. Recommend policies and programs in response to talent needs and data gathered.
- Monitor projects and the progress of consultant studies, including day-to-day coordination and liaison with consultants, to assist in ensuring that studies are completed on time and within budget.
- Provide information and advice in response to enquiries from elected officials, representatives of Workforce Solutions, other government agencies, consultants, stakeholders, and the public.
- Manage programs and projects in collaboration with the delivery team; manage outcomes; write and submit reports in a timely fashion while allotting sufficient time for internal review, iteration, and approval.
- Create and manage an industry sector partnership with mobility employers from the public and private sectors.
- Track trends and opportunities impacting the mobility sector.
- Evaluate the implications of transportation planning, including construction, on plans to train and employ local workers for career opportunities.
- Consistently assess existing workforce strategies to ensure practical business alignment; seek out opportunities to collaborate.
- Partner with agencies and contractors in the mobility industry to ensure coordination on mobility workforce planning, development, and training needs.
- Create and nurture partnerships with stakeholders such as community colleges (e.g., mechanics, commercial drivers licenses [CDL], and construction programs, etc.), labor organizations, and community-based organizations to develop talent needed to build and operate the transformational mobility infrastructure.
- Create partnerships with local high school career and technical education (CTE) or vocational training programs.
- Ensure compliance with the Interlocal Cooperative Agreement between Workforce Solutions and CapMetro and Austin Transit Partnership, including but not limited to:
- Coordinate with ATP to develop equity-designed construction careers program that includes the creation of pre-apprenticeship, apprenticeship, and internship programs that will increase capacity and upskill the labor force to support Project Connect needs.
- Identify, recommend, and coordinate available resources for workforce development to align resources currently under management within multiple municipal entities into a central management location. The work will include an analysis of new funding that is available through the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act, and/or other funding that could augment training and employment needs.
- May provide work direction on research, analysis, surveys, and report-writing assignments.
- May prepare requests for qualifications/proposals, research and policy studies, and transit-related workforce initiatives.
GENERAL QUALIFICATION GUIDELINES
Experience and Education
- Bachelors degree in Business, Human Resources Management, Community Relations, Public Policy Planning, or related field, preferred. Related experience may be substituted on a year for year basis up to four (4) years.
- Two (2) or more years of strategic workforce planning experience working for a complex organization, including utilization of workforce management tools and processes within a transportation, manufacturing, construction, or similar organization, preferred.
- Experience building relationships with stakeholders and partners to develop innovative community-based solutions to complex problems.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Possesses lived experience with transit, either as a person who is, or has been, transit-dependent, or one who by example expresses a strong preference for transit.
- As a proponent of data-driven strategies, you are willing to challenge convention, to build relationships, and to think critically.
- Proven ability to work in an ambiguous, fast paced and rapidly changing environment, while driving towards clarity and solutions; forward-thinking with the ability to see the complete picture.
- Adopts an open-minded approach, and able to visualize the workforce planning impacts of business change plans from a range of different perspectives.
- Proven track record of collaborating with business and functional teams to deliver innovative and sustainable solutions.
- Ability to build great relationships and quickly understand the competing priorities often at play in complex organizations.
- Exceptional written and spoken communication and influencing skills; strong presentation skills.
- Demonstrated results in driving operational impact.
- Self-starter with the confidence and enthusiasm to make a real impact within the team, encouraging those around to achieve the same shared objectives.
- Demonstrates an ethos as a champion of collaborative working.
- Enjoys continuous improvement, encouraging new ways of working and recognizing the benefits and promoting a change-culture.
Registration, Certification, or Licensure
- Must possess a valid drivers license and have access to reliable transportation. Local and in-state travel required; some out-of-state travel may be required.
- Must be legally eligible for employment in the United States.
- May be subject to a background check (verification of education, employment, references, and criminal background).
Workforce Solutions Capital Area offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Paid life insurance (Employee/Spouse/Child), long term disability (LTD), and AD&D.
- Supplemental life insurance option (Employee/Spouse/Child).
- Medical and dependent care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA).
- 401(k) Savings and Investment Plan with company 4% Safe Harbor Contribution.
- Flexible paid time off (accrued vacation and sick leave).
- Paid parental extended leave.
- Paid professional development budget.
- Paid Employee Assistance Program (EAP).