- Accounting / Finance
- Business Development / Sales
- Data & Analytics
- Developer/Engineer (16)
- HR / Recruiting / Staffing
- Marketing / Advertising / PR
- Operations (5)
- Project Management
- Software Engineering
Director, Business Value Consulting (Remote) at OutSystems
A global leader in modern development platforms, OutSystems is focused on enabling any organization to innovate through software. We are changing the way software is built with the low-code platform most preferred by developers and empowering organizations to rapidly create and deploy critical applications that transform their business. To support our growth and commitment to hiring exceptional performers, we are looking for a Director of Business Value Consulting.
This role is strategic to the company’s growth and scale and is the accelerant to the company’s overall sales and customer success mission. It will drive a faster and more predictable ramp of revenue, increase the productivity of quota carriers, advance customer adoption and success, and will play a key integration role between Product Management, Marketing and field teams.
The ideal candidate will be highly credible and have 8+ years’ successful experience operating within discrete (or non-discrete) quota-carrying functions, will be an expert in strategy and business consulting through C-Level connections and engagements and have significant experience shaping and articulating the impact of software on customers change agenda.
- Build, execute and embed the Value Consulting function in the Central region. Establish yourself and the function as genuine Business Partners to the field leadership as critical sales experts providing additive value to the sales motion, customer interactions, adoption, and overall success.
- Support the Sales and Customer Success motions by directly engaging with field teams and customers to build strategic, compelling, well-aligned and objective business justifications that drive customer success and adoption of the OutSystems platform. This role is predominantly a customer-facing role.
- Drive repeatability and best practice by integrating and embedding value-based expertise, packaged tools and repeatable approaches observed from work in the field into the broader field selling motion. Look for opportunities to build and lead scalable programs and to interlock with other OutSystems functions.
- Coach Sales teams on expert solution methodologies. Partner with the Central Leadership team ensuring continuous improvement in the role-based skills necessary to succeed, including the inspection of and execution of sales opportunities, repeatability of the sales methodology, and the use of value selling solutions and techniques in the customer buying experience and customer success mission.
- Provide strategic planning and coaching with sales leadership, field sales teams and supporting organizations on the execution of their campaigns and opportunities utilizing supported value-selling methodologies and resources.
- Coach and develop field leaders by executing with them the best practice techniques and business cadence to ensure each is maximizing and continuously evolving the value they deliver to their assigned field sales teams, prospects and customers.
- Drive interlock between sales, technical functions, services, product, and customer success managers to build, increase and accelerate opportunity value while ensuring customer success through solid value realization plans that speed usage and adoption.
- Innovate within teams and across other key LAER functions to develop new propositions, methods, tools and advisory workshops that accelerate, improve, and scale the selling motion across all phases while increasing the company’s growth trajectory.
- Help to integrate value selling and expert functions into messaging, sales plays, demos, and proof events for optimal sales acceleration.
- 8+ years’ high-tech field experience in sales, sales leadership, and/or consulting in both startup and maturing, high-growth companies.
- Strong knowledge of the traditional and modern application development technologies and frameworks, including mobile, agile methods, and devops.
- Expert in the C-suite and aligning solutions to business and technology needs, driving repeatable positive outcomes for both sales and customer success.
- Strong executive presence and polish internally and externally.
- Consistent track record in over-achieving quarterly and annual goals in sales and sales leadership roles as well as in field-supporting roles.
- Experience selling complex solutions to the Global 2000 or Fortune 500.
- Must have high ethics, integrity, and humility and be able to work collaboratively with other teams.
- Demonstrated leadership of cross-functional teams tasked with full lifecycle support for sales through to customer success – must have a demonstrated ability to influence others.
- Strong sales strategy analysis and a good understanding of how application development teams support the business.
- Solid business case creation and analysis skills using a highly consultative approach.
- Excellent financial and business acumen in multiple business functional areas.
- Willing to travel significantly.
- US Remote – San Francisco, Denver, or Dallas/Austin preferred
The Longer Story
One of the fastest-growing B2B software companies in the world, OutSystems is on a mission to enable every organization to innovate through software. We are looking for talented and motivated people to join us in helping companies solve some of their most strategic business challenges, from modernizing their workplace processes to transforming their employee and customer experiences. As a member of the OutSystems global team, you will help build, deliver, manage, and evolve the software that is a low-code market leader and preferred by professional developers around the world.
OutSystems is a truly global company, with more than 525,000 developer community members, 1,700 employees, 400 partners, and thousands of active customers in over 87 countries and across 22 industries. Founded in 2001, OutSystems has offices in the United States, United Kingdom, the Netherlands, Germany, the UAE, Japan, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Australia, and Singapore, and of course has a thriving, worldwide community of remote employees.
Working at OutSystems
We do not have many rules, but we do have high standards and a culture of global collaboration. Our commitment to our culture is highlighted in The Small Book of the Few Big Rules , written by our Founder and CEO, Paulo Rosado. This commitment to culture landed us in the Forbes top cloud computing employers four years in a row.
- We grow, change, and innovate, and give our teams the space to be proactive and creative.
- We care about growth and development. Vertical career progression is obvious, and we also encourage lateral moves, joining different teams, and mastering new skills.
- Global colleagues who are as smart, hardworking, and driven as you.
- Our DNA is disrupting the status quo. It is why our company exists.
- We “Ask Why” a lot. It helps us connect our individual work to the bigger picture and often uncovers a better, more agile way.
OutSystems nurtures an inclusive culture of diversity, where everyone feels empowered to be their authentic self and perform at their best. A company that embraces the creativity and innovation that comes through diverse perspectives. We are committed to creating a team that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants receive equal consideration regardless of race, place of origin, color, age, marital status, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, protected veteran status, disability status or any other status protected by law.