- Accounting / Finance
- Business Development / Sales
- Data & Analytics
- Developer/Engineer (16)
- HR / Recruiting / Staffing
- Marketing / Advertising / PR
- Operations (5)
- Project Management
- Software Engineering
DevOps Engineer at MadCap Software Inc.
At MadCap Software, we are developing innovative software solutions that improve the way companies, government agencies and academic institutions create, manage, and deliver content to their end-users. Ranked as one of the Top Workplaces of 2017 by the San Diego Union Tribune, MadCap Software is growing and looking for passionate individuals to join our tight-knit team.
Our Development team is looking for a skilled DevOps Engineer that is able to work independently with little guidance and has a proven track record of success. The right person will know when to involve stakeholders while implementing best practice methods for deployment, maintenance, and monitoring of an always-up, always-available web application.
In this role, you will be the sole DevOps Engineer tasked with implementing the tools and services necessary to continue pushing our solutions forward. A programming background with continuous integration experience and a passion for automating everything is desirable. And, you will work closely with developers, QA, and IT to accomplish your tasks.
Skills and Experience
- S. Computer Science or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years of proven DevOps experience deploying and maintaining always-up web applications or services on a global scale
- Must be independent and self-motivated, with strong analytic skills and creative thinking
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Experience with advanced deployment on Azure or AWS
- Strong coding skills – C#, C++, or Java is ideal
- Strong automation skills and experience with CI/CD tools
- Experience with build configuration management
- Experience in deployment optimization (database and application tiers)
- Strong SQL experience, MongoDB a plus
- Experience using system and application monitoring tools
- Experience with source control management using Git, GitLab