- Accounting / Finance
- Business Development / Sales
- Data & Analytics
- Developer/Engineer (16)
- HR / Recruiting / Staffing
- Marketing / Advertising / PR
- Operations (5)
- Project Management
- Software Engineering
- Austin, Texas (66)
- Leander / Austin / Remote, Texas (1)
- Leander, Texas (1)
- Austin or Remote in North America, Texas (2)
- Leander / Austin / remote, Texas (1)
- Leander , Texas (1)
- Texas (2)
- Guam (1)
- Alabama (1)
- Houston, Texas (1)
- Washington, D.C. (1)
- Atlanta, Georgia (1)
- Austin, San Francisco and Sydney, Texas (1)
Controller at Zenoss
We’re in search of a Controller to join our Finance Team. You’ll report to the CFO and do all the usual things: lead the Accounting team in day-to-day operations, ensure reporting, compliance, that tax filings occur, and that we pass audits with flying colors. You’ll also work closely with senior management and across the company to create and implement operational and financial plans and provide valuable input in decision making.
Who You Are
You are a trusted, high integrity business partner with deep roots in accounting and finance. You know how to lead a strong Accounting function. Collaborating across the organization, you and your team provide an understanding of our financial position to help us make the best operational decisions. You provide information that inspire recommendations for improvements in how we work and keep us mindful that our choices support our business and financial goals. You are known by your colleagues for offering well-researched, logically sound solutions for complex issues.
What You’ll Do:
- Guide day-to-day accounting operations, providing input on all transactions related to general ledger, receivables, payables, and payroll
- Maintain and develop accounting policies and systems in accordance with GAAP
- Prepare and review monthly, quarterly, and annual reports
- Oversee preparation of tax schedules and returns
- Establish compliance framework and financial processes, managing outsourced service providers as needed.
- Maintain external credit lines and adherence to reporting requirements
- Oversee US and international payroll including calculation of commissions
- Consistently monitor, evaluate, and present on the company’s financial effectiveness as you lead and manage preparation of budgets and forecasts, including monthly variance analysis.
- Have a real-time picture of the company’s financial position: profits, trends, costs, budget compliance and forecasting; you make informed recommendations to the CFO and other company leadership.
- Partner with our CFO to prepare Board and investor packages.
- Provide analysis, input and recommendations regarding business and financial impacts of decision paths to ensure informed and thoughtful cross functional operational decisions
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with senior management to ensure that both operational and financial plans are created and implemented to achieve the business’ and company’s goals
- Understand operational challenges and opportunities affecting the company; analyze business trends, identify and recommend cost savings and profit enhancement opportunities
What You Bring:
- 10 + years of experience, with experience as a controller for a software company. Experience in public accounting working with high technology is welcomed.
- Bachelors degree preferred; CPA required.
- Thorough knowledge of GAAP, specifically Software Revenue Recognition.
- Experience developing and managing internal controls ensuring effectiveness, including business process improvements.
- Leadership capabilities and the ability to inspire teamwork and mentor colleagues.
- Adeptness with Excel, PowerPoint.
- Effective oral, written and presentation skills.
- Knack for prioritizing and projects in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, adapting to changes as they arise.
More about Zenoss: Individually Unique. Better Together. When we come together, we accomplish amazing things. Zenoss is an established company with a start-up, entrepreneurial environment. We have a collaborative culture that is focused around making our customers successful. One thing we’re not is a new-kid-on-the-street startup. Founded in 2005, we’re far removed from a few folks in a garage with one great idea. We are a midsize company filled with people who have proven work experience, are smart, nimble and capable. We have credibility: Zenoss helps world-renowned enterprise customers run their IT infrastructure. Some of the most critical aspects of business rely on Zenoss. It’s exciting to be part of growing and servicing these type of customers.