- Accounting / Finance
- Business Development / Sales
- Data & Analytics
- Developer/Engineer (16)
- HR / Recruiting / Staffing
- Marketing / Advertising / PR
- Operations (5)
- Project Management
- Software Engineering
- Austin, Texas (69)
- Leander / Austin / Remote, Texas (1)
- Leander, Texas (1)
- Austin or Remote in North America, Texas (2)
- Houston, Texas (5)
- Leander / Austin / remote, Texas (1)
- Leander , Texas (1)
- Texas (2)
- Guam (1)
- Alabama (1)
- Washington, D.C. (1)
- Atlanta, Georgia (1)
- Austin, San Francisco and Sydney, Texas (1)
Business Development Manager at MacroFab, Inc.
Business Development Manager
MacroFab, Inc. is looking for a passionate and results-oriented sales professional to be part of our Strategic Business Development team for an established leading-edge platform-based Electronic Manufacturing Services provider while shaping the future through innovative tools, exceptional communications and an in-depth knowledge of the benefits of our platform. The Business Development Manager will be responsible for developing and growing accounts in support of a defined growth strategy and will help in the definition and transformation of that strategy.
The prime objective for this role is to achieve agreed revenue targets on a regular basis through a well-developed sales strategy, develop and maintain a sales funnel and add new logos to the portfolio. The Business Development Manager will develop strong personal relationships with key customers and assist the internal teams in ensuring a smooth introduction of new accounts. While some leads will be provided, the Business Development Manager must be able to generate their own leads and have the knowledge of EMS that allows them to close a sale with minimum support. They will also be expected to ensure that all key commercial terms are agreed with any new customer prior to the start of volume production.
*Although some of the work is office-based, this role will require significant travel.
• Ability to build strong, long-lasting business relationships with customers
• Ability and desire to sell based on customer needs
• Ability to think creatively and generate original ideas
• Excellent writing and presentation skills
• Knowledge of the EMS market and the challenges faced by customers
• An overall understanding of EMS operations – to the extent that they can identify commercial risks and know how to negotiate their removal by the implementation of practical operational processes.
• The confidence and tenacity to pursue leads, overcome obstacles and secure deals – with the ability to handle rejection
• Business acumen, and the ability to make accurate forecasts of revenue
• Ability to work independently, self-motivated and adaptable
• Ability to work effectively under pressure, react quickly, and meet tight deadlines
• Strong communication, interpersonal, relationship management and business development skills
• Strong strategic planning and execution skills
• In-depth knowledge of product pricing, contracts and contract negotiations
• Ability to effectively manage multiple, detailed and complex projects
• Value based solution selling, business judgment, negotiation and decision-making skills
• Experience working and communicating with senior level executives.
• Exceptional ability to work with others as part of a cross-functional team
• Extract key information from clients and prospects that will increase winning and retaining profitable business
• Develop business intelligence on “market pricing” and share this with the quote teams to ensure competitive price offerings that maximize company margins.
• Meet with key clients and prospects at their facilities or escort them on visits to company locations
• Manage all customer interfaces, assuring all direct customer touch points are carefully planned and executed.
• Attend relevant events to network with clients or pursue prospects.
Desired Training, Experience and qualifications
- A relevant degree-level qualification is desired, but not required
- A highly successful track record in EMS is a pre-requisite for this role and experience in other roles within the EMS industry would be an advantage.
- Candidate must be able to demonstrate at least 5 years’ experience working within an EMS organization. Experience in a closely related business may also be considered. Significant exposure to working with customers that are out-sourcing products today is a distinct advantage.