- Accounting / Finance
- Business Development / Sales
- Data & Analytics
- Developer/Engineer (16)
- HR / Recruiting / Staffing
- Marketing / Advertising / PR
- Operations (5)
- Project Management
- Software Engineering
BI/Data Engineer at recruitAbility
Our client, a real estate technology company in Austin, is looking for a Business Intelligence/Data Engineer to tackle complex business problems by converting raw data into meaningful and actionable business insights. You will work to extend the data warehouse and use BI tools to create meaningful visualizations for all other departments.
WHO YOU ARE
- A deep understanding of data, SQL and BI tools and you take pride in your work.
- You are a detective, with a keen interest in solving business problems with data.
- You have a serious passion for producing beautiful, clean & unique reports and visualizations.
- You aren’t afraid of a tough deadline.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Collaborate directly with peers and business leaders to transform ideas into actions
- Become a trusted adviser to Product, Marketing, Sales, and Finance to define and provide mission-critical data
- Maintain and expand ETL and reporting tools.
- Participate in the design of our overall data collection strategy, including technology, data pipelines, and visualizations.
- Develop logical data models and processes to transform, cleanse, and normalize raw data into high-quality datasets.
- Build a scalable data insight platform that makes every decision data driven.
- 2-4 years of experience as a BI engineer, software engineer, data engineer, or related field.
- Expert in SQL, with the ability to optimize databases and query performance.
- Experience with a scripting language, preferably in Python or similar.
- Familiarity with NoSQL, Hadoop, other data management platforms a plus.
- Experience with business intelligence tools such as Tableau, Looker, or Mode Analytics
- Foundation in software engineering and computer science fundamentals, such as design patterns, data structures, and algorithms
- Experience with common software engineering tools and processes