- Accounting / Finance
- Business Development / Sales
- Data & Analytics
- Developer/Engineer (16)
- HR / Recruiting / Staffing
- Marketing / Advertising / PR
- Operations (5)
- Project Management
- Software Engineering
Head of Sales at Austin Technology Council
We are seeking a high-energy, self-motivated individual to expand the association’s membership base through new member sales, primarily throughout the city and surrounding areas. This position reports to the CEO.
Job Type: Full-Time Job
Location: Austin (Metro City and surrounding areas)
Required Experience: 5 years of Outside Sales or Commissioned Sales and/or 5 year Chamber/Association Sales
Compensation: Base, Commission, Expenses, Bonus possibilities and Full Benefits Package
Austin Technology Council, founded in 1992, is the oldest and largest technology industry association in Texas and represents more than 250 member companies and 60% of Austin’s tech workforce.
ATC is the informed opinion leader and unifying voice of technology in Austin and Central Texas. As our region’s largest technology organization, we empower our members with the insights, resources and connections they need to succeed and thrive, and work collaboratively with our partners to foster innovation and growth.
Will include, but not be limited to:
- Qualify and close new member sales.
- Learn and develop new, creative sales techniques and strategies.
- Serve as staff liaison to the membership community.
- Hit predetermined sales targets on a weekly/monthly basis.
- Maintain leads in association database, submit weekly sales reports to Head of Sales.
- Follow up with leads through networking with local members and industry-affiliated groups.
- Provide support at local member events; serve as a conduit between new, inactive, and prospective members.
- Any other duties that pertain to sales and the department.
- Work with CEO to develop strategic plan to develop and implement sales growth
- Oversee sales team in meeting and exceeding sales goals
- This is an overview of your job description; you may be asked to perform additional tasks or duties by the CEO.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Familiarity with and understanding of technology and tech companies
- Previous success in soliciting and closing C-Suite executives and HR leaders
- High energy, positive attitude, and excellent interpersonal skills;
- Proven ability selling intangible products/services;
- Computer literate/proficient including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and CRM
- Strong time management skills and the ability to self-manage priorities, work within a plan and produce results on a consistent basis;
- Possess a high degree of personal accountability, discipline and integrity
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree or experience preferred
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Austin, TX
Required experience: Outside Sales: 5 year
Required experience: Outside or Association/Chamber Sales: 5 year
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Base plus commission for OTE of $80,000
To apply please email resumes to Amber Gunst, CEO