- This event has passed.
Accelerated Introduction to AI & Machine Learning
October 9 @ 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm$25
AI is one of the most transformative technologies of our time, and is already starting to revolutionize mobility, healthcare, business, research, public safety, national security/defense, and more. AI will transform society and the workforce—many jobs will be changed or eliminated, while other jobs will be elevated or created. Thus, learning AI is about to be very important for professional in all industries as well as government and education. However, most current AI classes are either too brief for teaching machine learning (ML) and deep learning (DL) to be used for real work, or too long for professionals to be able to devote sufficient time to complete.
In this class, we will leverage experience working with real customers in industry, government and higher education to deliver an accelerated introduction to ML and DL covering all stages—from data preparation to training to inferencing—with real examples showcasing the power, and appropriate usage, of both. We will use pre-prepared scripts, data, and codes, and the ‘cooking show’ method of moving to completed versions of each step quickly, enabling listeners to understand each step without spending hours/days of actual data manipulation and coding.
After this class, attendees will be able to:
1. Understand what AI and machine learning (ML) are, and learn the commonly used types – both classical ML and deep learning (DL).
2. Learn how to choose the appropriate ML or DL techniques for different kinds of problems and purposes, and why.
3. Execute the entire process (steps) to get from raw data all the way to insight/prediction/decision with machine learning and deep learning.
– Jay Boisseau, PhD- CEO of Vizias and AI & HPC Technology Strategist at Dell EMC
– John Lockman- CTO of Vizias and AI Developer at Dell EMC
– Luke Wilson, PhD – Chief Analytics Officer of Vizias and AI & Data Analytics Researcher at Dell EMC
Stay after the workshop for our first Austin AI Ecosystem meetup. The meetup will take place in the same building on the 8th Floor of Capital Factory. Details are below.
Austin AI Ecosystem
October 9, 2019
5:30pm – 7:00pm
Capital Factory | 8th Floor – Center for Defense Innovation
We will invite leaders from across the AI ecosystem in Austin, provide an overview of the AI market and Austin ecosystem, and form working groups to develop ideas and recommendations for the three objectives above (and maybe more) to be presented at the second meetup in November.