ATC & Thom Singer present the eighth installment of Cool Things Entrepreneurs Do Podcast: “ATC 2019 Scaling Series”
Thom Singer, podcast host, interviews thought-leaders from ATC Member Companies regarding their unique advice for startups, thoughts on Austin’s tech ecosystem, and personal heroes every first Thursday of the month. The September 2019 through November 2019 dates mentioned in this podcast have been updated to reflect the new dates for the 2020 Scaling Series which are January 2020 through March 2020.
2020 Scaling Series
ATC is proud to partner with Rice Alliance, St. Edward’s University, and Baker Botts L.L.P. to present the 2020 Scaling Series. The Scaling Series is designed to propel companies currently within $1M-$5M in revenue to $10M-$100M in revenue.
To apply, please send an email of interest to Amber Gunst.
Series Overview with Thom Singer – Cool Things Entrepreneurs Do Podcast!
The 2020 Scaling Series is designed to equip your executives with the MBA-Level skills necessary to transform your company into a $10M-$100M in revenue enterprise. During this 10-week curriculum-based seminar series, you will learn from MBA professors and expert practitioners who provide thought leadership around critical growth, operations, and governance issues to executives who are growing and scaling their business.
Classes will comprise of:
- Lectures from academics, practitioners
- Q&A session with experts
- Group project-based learning opportunities
The Scaling Series will cover six major subject areas: Finance & Accounting, Marketing, Sales, Operations, Human Resources, and Global Expansion. The types of topics will include How to Read Financial Statements, Understanding the Marketing Funnel, Sales Organization Structures, Development Processes, Hiring the Right People, and Overseas Business Structures.
When & Where
The Series is every Tuesday from January 7 through March 10
6:00 – 9:00 PM
Calavista Software – 3700 N Capital of Texas Hwy #450, Austin, TX 78746
- The CEOs of participating companies are encouraged to attend all sessions. An executive from your company MUST attend the session that covers the function for which the executive has responsibility (e.g., The CFO would attend the accounting and finance sessions)
- Executive team must be located in Central Texas as this is primarily an in-person seminar.
- Executive will review reading materials and short exercises before their assigned seminar to be prepared with questions and for the group project.
EMAIL Amber Gunst for more information and to apply.
Special thanks to our sponsor Baker Botts L.L.P.
Thom Singer has interviewed over 400 CEOs, entrepreneurs, business leaders, solopreneurs, and others on his popular “Cool Things Entrepreneurs Do” podcast (named on INC.com as one of 8 business podcasts to listen to in 2018). Through these in-depth conversations he learned there is no single thing that holds people back from achieving more, nor is there one solution to reaching the top levels of success. It is unique for each person.
Interested in how ATC can bring opportunities like this to your company?
Austin Technology Council is our member companies’ biggest cheerleader. Our organization is frequently contacted to source thought-leaders for high-visibility media opportunities like:
- live interviews with local & national new outlets
- guest appearances on radio & video podcasts
- community highlights in printed publications
- expert speaker/panelist invites to distinguished community events
- and many more
Members: email Jessica to tell us about your expertise so we can connect you to the right opportunity
The September 2019 through November 2019 dates mentioned in this podcast have been updated to reflect the new dates for the 2020 Scaling Series which are January 2020 through March 2020.