Lippstone Law PLLC
Austin, TX, United States
At Lippstone Law PLLC, we strive every day to provide practical, cost-effective, and jargon-free legal advice to Austin’s tech community. Whether your company needs transaction-specific advice or “outside general counsel” services, we can help.
The firm’s managing partner, Andy Lippstone, has more than 15 years of experience counseling business and government leaders at the highest levels. A member of the Texas Bar and the Delaware Bar, Andy started his career as a law clerk for the Delaware Court of Chancery, America’s most influential forum for resolving business disputes. For the next 8 years, Andy practiced Delaware corporate law at several large law firms — first as a litigator, and then as a transactional lawyer. In 2010, he was appointed to serve as deputy legal counsel for Gov. Jack Markell of Delaware, and in 2012, he was appointed to serve as the governor’s chief legal counsel and policy director. In that capacity, Andy:
- conceived, developed, and led the implementation of a statewide “Downtown Development District” program, which in its first year leveraged more than $114 million in private investment using only $7 million in state funds;
- drafted, secured passage of, and helped implement an innovative redevelopment corporation law to revitalize historically significant but under-utilized properties;
- created and led a statewide regulatory reform program to cut red tape for businesses, which eliminated or modified more than 140 state regulations;
- helped draft and implement a first-in-the-nation online poker liquidity sharing agreement, which allows players in Delaware, Nevada, and other states to sit at the same “virtual table” in online poker games; and
- was awarded the Order of the First State, Delaware’s highest civilian honor, in 2015.
As the governor’s final term approached, Andy decided to do what so many others have done: he moved to Texas to help run a business. In 2015, Andy and his brother Matt, an ER doctor, formed a company to manage ownership interests in 19 health care facilities. When Andy opened Lippstone Law PLLC in July 2017, the company became the firm’s first client.
Andy is a magna cum laude graduate of the University of Pennsylvania and a graduate of the University of Virginia School of Law.