1233 NW 12th Ave, Portland, OR 97209, USA
Janrain is the recognized leader in the Customer Identity and Access Management (CIAM) space.
Like so many other great companies, Janrain started with a simple observation—that the number of username and password combinations required of consumers on the web was reaching an untenable state.
Janrain was founded in 2002 and in 2004 Founder Larry Drebes and a few engineers began working closely with the early proponents of the OpenID protocol to provide a simple way for companies to solve this problem. Their work laid the foundation for Janrain and what is known today as social login.
As we began helping organizations implement our social login technology, we quickly realized the data we were collecting on their behalf could be used to create richer, more meaningful relationships between our clients and their online customers. Today, the Janrain Customer Identity and Access Management Platform makes it easy for companies to truly know their customers and personalize every interaction.
Curious about our name? It was a characteristically rainy January in Portland when Larry decided to turn his vision into what we call Janrain today.
A Few of Our “Firsts”
- Built the ecosystem for leveraging portable identities via OpenID and served as a founding member of the OpenID Foundation.
- First company to make social login possible using an existing identity from providers such as Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and more.
- First company to offer social login for mobile devices.
- First company to offer a database to collect, manage and leverage customer profile data.
- First company to introduce a comprehensive SaaS-based user registration solution.
- Co-authored the Backplane Protocol specification, an open standard to seamlessly connect applications and widgets for data sharing.
- First company to unify social profile data, online behaviors, third-party application data and offline information in a single platform.
- First company to launch a vibrant ecosystem of technology integrations and promote interoperability of social data with leading email marketing, commenting, game mechanics, CRM, CMS, eCommerce and data management platform vendors.